New player here. Templar or Marauder

So I can't decide on which of these guys to pick. I assume the Marauder is like the Barbarian from Diablo. And the Templar is like the Monk maybe. This game has changed a lot since I've seen it some time ago. Are both these classes any good?
Theres very little difference between the two until ascension goes live in about 3 months. You should take some time to look thru the wiki and pick what skills you want to use more then be concerned with which of the two to start with.
Careful if people find out you play(ed) Diablo(3) you might get an earful.

Both are fine classes, though I personally have a thing for pantless old men and elemental damage, so I'd pick Templar.

In general though you'll mess this character up and make a new one, everyone messes up their first and making a new one isn't as big a deal as you may imagine.
"
Jansports wrote:
Careful if people find out you play(ed) Diablo(3) you might get an earful.
Why?

All the classes are good in some measure, but are likewise not strongly differentiated. Templar is good for both spells and melee on aggressive characters. Marauder is good for spells (with Iron Will) and melee on defensive characters. Also worth noting is Duelist, which can be good for either melee or ranged attacks, and is slightly easier to level with due to the utility of it's early notables.

This will change somewhat in the next expansion. Off-spec builds like Bow Marauders and Melee Witches will still be possible, but will be decidedly different from more "normal" builds like Bow Rangers and Melee Templars.
Last edited by XCodesLIVE on Nov 27, 2015, 8:00:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info