How do you deal with vaal rain of arrows?

hi,
I am playing an evasion character and I am having huge issues when facing vaal rain of arrows or similar skills. I have flasks for removing rupture or thawing, but is there anyway to remove the root effect from vaal rain of arrows? The fact that vaal rain of arrows has "can't be evaded" isn't helping either.

Fighting the village ruin boss feels pretty impossible, he roots me with the vaal rain of arrows and then fires a couple of poison arrows at me. If I manage to pot through that he runs away until the rain of arrows is ready again.
Also does the "can't be evaded" also includes can't be dodged? Or am I just unlucky?
"
Turmfalke_ wrote:
hi,
I am playing an evasion character and I am having huge issues when facing vaal rain of arrows or similar skills. I have flasks for removing rupture or thawing, but is there anyway to remove the root effect from vaal rain of arrows? The fact that vaal rain of arrows has "can't be evaded" isn't helping either.

Fighting the village ruin boss feels pretty impossible, he roots me with the vaal rain of arrows and then fires a couple of poison arrows at me. If I manage to pot through that he runs away until the rain of arrows is ready again.
Also does the "can't be evaded" also includes can't be dodged? Or am I just unlucky?

Have you tried any movement skill gems?
No I have not, I usually don't depend on them with this character. I have a quicksilver flask, 30% boots and 20% from my helmet. Without any cast speed from the skill graph running is usually faster than casting flame dash.
I take it Whirling Blades isn't an option then. :p As for your questions:

1. There is no way to simply remove Rooted.
2. Evade != Dodge, so you can always Dodge, theoretically.

The Village Ruins duo is a pair of dicks and they're super hard to deal with - and it's intended that some bosses are stronger versus some builds but weaker against others. An Evasion-based character without Movement skills gets destroyed by VRoA+PA because Evasion does nothing to protect against it.

Probably the best you can do is get an Amethyst Flask to tank the Chaos Damage and DPS it down (the brute-force method).. Flame Dash + Faster Casting is going to be really useful to get out of the poison for a little, giving chase as it tries to run from you.
"
Turmfalke_ wrote:
No I have not, I usually don't depend on them with this character. I have a quicksilver flask, 30% boots and 20% from my helmet. Without any cast speed from the skill graph running is usually faster than casting flame dash.

Running isn't really an option if you are rooted though. It is my recommendation that every player keep some movement skill handy. Just my 2 cents/

Movement skills.

Except shield charge. For some reason GGG feels like really punishing unarmed players vs root effects.

(the explanation being that it moves across the ground, which is impossible while rooted, while all other movement skills move you from location A to location B without ground movement)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
(...)(the explanation being that it moves across the ground, which is impossible while rooted, while all other movement skills move you from location A to location B without ground movement)(...)

Hmmm,doesn't Flame Dash fall into same category as Shield Charge??
Flame Dash's description explicitly states it is a teleport, and in-game that is precisely what it does, quite unlike Shield Charge :P
Unstoppable
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Thank you, I will look into getting faster casting + flame dash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info