Another Thank You GGG Thread

After playing many "free-to-play" games over the years, and seeing them become progressively more and more "pay-to-win", I just have to thank GGG for keeping it so ethical and not falling into the standards of the industry. I feel like this is the main reason why they are so successful. When I first started playing PoE, I was amazed they were so generous with stash space (4 tabs to start is waay more than most games would give you.) and character slots (not exactly sure but I think it's 25 to start for free, that's a lot of mules :3). Then I noticed the little "Store" icon on the UI, I clicked it and all I saw were cosmetic effects, character slots, and stash tabs, very different than most other f2p cash shops I had seen. After a while of playing, I made my first donation, to buy an Ice Crown, and it wasn't because I felt forced or pressured to do so, it was because I wanted to, I wanted to support this game for not being overly greedy and nickel and diming me every conceivable chance they had.

Since then I've always tried to donate, even though I have fallen on some financial hardships lately, If I can't outright afford a shiny new supporter pack, I try to throw $10 here and there.

So pretty much thank you GGG for leaving the choice in making a donation, I think in the long run everyone feels better when payment is something they want to do out of love for the game and company, rather feeling forced to pay just to enjoy the game properly. (when advertized as a free game.)

Love you guys, keep up the fantastic work, this is the most moralistic company in the business.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Nov 27, 2015, 11:50:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
/signed

I always wonder how much extra they make out of their loyalty based model though. Would be interesting to know for sure.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
GGG is the best.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Thank you for the kind words everyone :) they really do mean a lot to us!
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
"
Boem wrote:
/signed

I always wonder how much extra they make out of their loyalty based model though. Would be interesting to know for sure.

Peace,

-Boem-
I've spent over ten times what I've spent on any other game if that is any indication. I can't see giving Blizzard anything above and beyond the cost of their games I've bought.

I really appreciate the way GGG does things. My only complaint would be that it seems underhanded to not put in the description of stash tab bundles that remove only tabs get converted first.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info