Unique Passives: Make NO Golem a choice again

Duplicate post error.
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Creon on Nov 27, 2015, 11:18:06 AM
"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
"
Maybe the answer is an MTX that allows the skin of a pet you have purchased to be applied to a golem?

UUUHHH! This +1 definitely!

Would probably need too much animation rework, otherwise it would look silly. The pet would have to gain some attacking, casting and moving animations.

It's probably easier for them to develop skill MTXs like the ones we already have for totems, for example, which changed the appearance of the golems.

I'm no programmer or 3D animator so I don't know what would be easier, though.
Hi

2 pets will be cool but GGG THINK ABOUT WHAT Wolf 287 has suggested:
"
Maybe the answer is an MTX that allows the skin of a pet you have purchased to be applied to a golem?

GENIUS IDEA. GIT'R'DUN GGG and heres all I think I ever suggested on golems was a necrotic fire golem:)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Creon wrote:
"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
Problem:

Golems became pretty much mandatory.

I haven't used a golem on any build. I've tried a couple times and even in a 4L it dies too often for me to care. I'll sacrifice the extra 3% tooltip DPS or 4% physical mitigation and use those sockets for something else, thanks.
Agreed. There is so much you can use the sockets for I don't really see the golems as mandatory.
If you think 4% physical mitigation isn't worth a single socket you're either bad at math or simply not a min-maxer.

Which is fine. But currently there really is the choice to use a Golem or to be entirely inefficient. That's 15% damage you can't get elsewhere, Acc and Crit that lessens the strain on your passive spending or some of the only Physical mitigation available to ES primary builds.
"
Jansports wrote:
If you think 4% physical mitigation isn't worth a single socket you're either bad at math or simply not a min-maxer.

This is a false dilemma. If it were 4% physical mitigation at all times for a single socket, I would take it without a second thought. The problem is the golem dies constantly, even in a 4L. If you think 4% mitigation for a variable but small number of seconds after stopping 1.0 second to summon the golem is worth 4 sockets... This is the real dilemma. I can find a more worthwhile use for those sockets.
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
"
Jansports wrote:

Which is fine. But currently there really is the choice to use a Golem or to be entirely inefficient. That's 15% damage you can't get elsewhere, Acc and Crit that lessens the strain on your passive spending or some of the only Physical mitigation available to ES primary builds.

I wasn’t under the impression 15% damage was some how a rare commodity.

And no 4% mitigation is not worth a single socket if all you have is that 4% mitigation... its like trying to plug a fist size hole with a tooth pick.

its good for min maxing when you already have a ton of mitigation... but even then it is not strictly mandatory.

It is simply nice to have. but if there is something more critical to my build that needs that slot.. the golem will be the first thing to go. always.
Stopped reading after "Golems became pretty much mandatory."
Bullshit, the bonuses aren't that great.

"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
You mistyped! It should have been a plus not a minus. Otherwise you would have said why, wouldn't you ;)

For that arrogance I want to give -2.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
When all choices become equal, your choices don't matter.

Agree.

In addition to OP, nothing is mandatory, it is your choice to use a golem or refuse it. Any efficient fast clear speed build is still efficient and fast without a golem as with one.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Am I the only person who uses Ice Golem in RT builds because the chilling ground effect is pretty fucking sweet?

The buffs the golems provide are mediocre at best.
Last edited by XCodesLIVE on Nov 30, 2015, 1:33:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info