Anybody else reading the supporter pack page reply's

And going "the fuck" at some of them.

Some of them read like GGG is holding a gun against their heads or something.

Newflash : game is free, nobody is forced to pay up anything but it is much appreciated (as stated in the post)

Maybe show some gratitude towards GGG for providing you with something entertaining to waste your time with.

So the pack is not to your liking, wooptie fucking doo? Be grateful you can feel disgruntled about something as meaningless as that.

Some of these responses baffle me and i feel sort of bad for the staff members reading them. So to the staff boys and girls, chin up. You did a great job.

Haters gotta hate and all that jazz, fuck em. Ain't nobody got time to waste on negativity.
(which will be why i am going to watch some series now <.< )

Keep on a chucking GGG, i wish you all a fine day.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
And going "the fuck" at some of them.

Some of them read like GGG is holding a gun against their heads or something.

Newflash : game is free, nobody is forced to pay up anything but it is much appreciated (as stated in the post)

Maybe show some gratitude towards GGG for providing you with something entertaining to waste your time with.

So the pack is not to your liking, wooptie fucking doo? Be grateful you can feel disgruntled about something as meaningless as that.

Some of these responses baffle me and i feel sort of bad for the staff members reading them. So to the staff boys and girls, chin up. You did a great job.

Haters gotta hate and all that jazz, fuck em. Ain't nobody got time to waste on negativity.
(which will be why i am going to watch some series now <.< )

Keep on a chucking GGG, i wish you all a fine day.

Peace,

-Boem-

People are just voicing their honest opinions, and Chris' response (to add portals and weapon MTX) does suggest there is a bit of validity to the posts.

Myself - I like the distinct look of the new pets. The stone gargoyle pet, and its animation would be something I'd definitely use. If the GGG team doesn't already have a definite game plan for the accompanying weapon MTX, I'd like to suggest crystalline weapon FX -Transparent textures. The low end could be clear weapons, the second tier would add an internal glow to the crystal weapon(color dependent on sum of jewels inside - player could use skin xfer to put color they want on the weapon they use) The third tier would add glowing runes (like those found in the marketplace, with an ability for the character to choose between several of them). The last tier would have the above and add a beam of light (like finding a unique) whenever the character killed a unique monster/exile.

The four different weapon MTX could be used together on a single weapon, or separately on up to four different weapons.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Agree with most of them. Typically they have more value. Weapon effects armor sets etc. Pretty dissatisfied with the initial pack contents very glad they will be adding more.

Your right. GGG doesnt have to give us more stuff, but we dont have to choose to pay if we dont lime what we see.

The portals and pets are amazingly well done but lack the extras typically given.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
The top tier portal and pet looks amazing imo. Not sure 440$ worth but in a few years I know I'm going to see that pet running around and wish I had one lol.

But more on topic I think with the money GGG are asking for those packs it's perfectly ok for people to express how they feel about them.
Agree with the general sentiments here. And I reread the comments in the pack announcement. Most people were disappointed but I wouldn't say they were disrespectful. Boem's OP seems way disproportionate to the reaction in the announcement thread.

Need to take a chill pill bro.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I agree that some of the posts lack tact but to be fair a 25% increase of the cost of an entry level pack and lack lustre contents leave me second thinking a purchase for the first time.

However this is no excuse for the tone of some of the posts, I guess that's the community here though and so I just do my best to ignore it.
No matter the cost bitches, no matter the cost.
I'm missing armor sets from the packs (Journeyman helm - best helm), and also the price increase is a little painful, given I don't pay in $, but in currency worth only 25% of dollar (Eurotrash). While I'll throw money at GGG because I love their game, attitude, business practices and so on, there is nothing wrong in voicing your feelz. (I think).

The tone tho... yeah. SOME PEOPLE.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Criticizing something online is easy to do but tone and intent is very hard to define when typed out. While it may seem rude, hopefully most people didn't intend to some across that way - they were just being very blunt about the fact that while the contents probably cost more to develop than previous packs, it looks underwhelming compared to the previous packs. Personally I love the pets, they are very well done and the portal effects are really badass, but when only the top 2 packs come with portal effects when previous packs haven't left off effects for most tiers I can understand why people were expecting something a bit different.

I feel bad for GGG, they put so much hard work into the game and the slightest mis-step gets them smacked down hard by the players every time. But just as the feedback when the initial shop contents were announced about 3 hours before open beta launch they didn't hesitate to listen and act accordingly to the feedback. Unfortunately for GGG they set the standard being extremely generous in previous packs so they have to keep the bar level or raise it each time to keep meeting the expectations of greatness all the supporters have come to expect, a week or so and these packs will live up the expectations that popped up tonight.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Most of the criticism I read was in an appropriate tone. The supporter packs are/were pretty meh, bottom tier being quite expensive and only top tiers being really cool... compared to the past packs these are/were underwhelming, no way around that.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Was I fine with how they were? Sure.
Am I glad they're going to add more? Yes.

Did people overreact? No. They had every right to state their opinions on what their money is worth to them, and kudos to GGG / Chris for responding in the manner they did. It's not easy to admit one's perceived mistake, especially in business.

Personally I'm just excited the top-end pack is priced within a range I can actually achieve this time around.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info