Desync, flickerstrike, lag.

Hi GGG. Gotta say that lockstep has remarkably improved path of exile. However, I have noticed that Flickerstrike can reliably desync the game even in lockstep mode, and even when I am otherwise having no lag issues at all. Something about that skill doesn't like lockstep mode. Would be great if it could get fixed.

Also, perhaps this is just because of how many people are online, or the content update you just rolled out, I dunno, but I'm getting a lot of latency spikes to the GGG server in Sydney today. Like, a lot more than I usually would. I know it's not my connection, because I play Quake Live on servers in Sydney, and have no latency spikes at all.

I wonder, do you use the game servers to push patches down to the clients as well? Or is that done with different servers? If you're using the game servers to do it, then that might explain why things always get laggy around patch time. Might be a good idea to use servers other than the game servers to push patches, since people getting patches don't care about lag because they're not in the game, and people who are in the game don't need the patches (because they're already in game) and do care about lag.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Nov 26, 2015, 7:48:44 PM
While my response doesn't directly help with your problem, I'd like to clarify that the patching servers are different than the game/instance servers.

Most of the patching actually happens from CDN servers located semi-near you.

The initial patching servers are the same as the login servers, but that's just to check your information on the client and determine what needs patching. When the patching begins, it goes to other servers (which are not game servers).
Thanks for the info Drakier! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info