Lag spikes

Hi. My ping goes from 100 to 1000 , huge packet loss i guess . this is the result from the test
http://pastebin.com/NhytqHyM
Would you mind running another win MTR test to 8.8.8.8 for us?

I'm wondering about the routing going on there. You are seeing more hops, with higher latency in general, than I would expect on a connection coming from Florida to Dallas.

Seems like your connection is spending too much time taking hops that it shouldn't have to.

| 63.245.90.14 - 0 | 505 | 505 | 50 | 65 | 139 | 53 |

This is an IP from Florida ( Columbus Networks USA ), and by the time you've reached this point you are already reached 65ms as your average response time with spikes up to 139ms, and you still have more hops to go.

EDIT - No packet loss though, so it is probably just a routing issue.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Nov 26, 2015, 3:02:55 PM
Hmmm seems like the vpn i was using to try to get my ping stable was still on some kinda way. here is the new test .. http://pastebin.com/0NaXjC0Q i am from panama. bad internet but still i dont get this weird lag in other games
Yeah, those stats are actually slightly worse.

Could you run WinMTR to 8.8.8.8 and maybe a couple other locations. I'd like to know if that routing is specific to traffic heading to the PoE server host.

PoE does bring out connection problems like no other game, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something going on here. We'll need to see path your connection takes to other locations to compare.

As before, you are already not looking great for results before you even get to the right state in the US:

63.245.90.14 - 0 | 501 | 501 | 51 | 68 | 155 | 54

You are already seeing spikes up to 155ms ( which again continues forward ).

http://pastebin.com/d5bYJ54C here it is!
Hmm...well the bad news is that seems to be the way your provider is. There's not much difference between the results to the PoE servers and Google's public DNS servers. You could try to contact your ISP to see if there is anything they can do to cut down on your latency and reduce the spikes that you see, but you may be stuck. Things you can do to mitigate the problem, is to play on predictive instead of lock step. It will make things seem a bit smoother, and make the game at least playable.

You may get the odd instance of desync, but you should to at least be able to play. With lockstep on the game would see very jittery with those spikes showing up.

Try contacting your ISP. See if there is anything they are willing / able to do. But, unfortunately, PoE may be bringing underlying connectivity issues to the surface in a more prevalent way than other games. Let's just hope your ISP can figure out some better routing for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info