No Thanksgiving event or Black Friday sale planned? Taking a break from POE then.

"
LeHeup80 wrote:
And its people who are selfless enough with their own lives, that have sacrificed themselves on the motives and reasoning of people like the OP, who would insist that they not be used yet again beyond their sacrifice as a way for the people who made them sacrifice themselves to further gain.

People like this poster would see these good people as literally nothing more than a channel to market and oportinuty to get what they want from other people.

This is why wars really happen, nothing more.

Have some respect, both for yourself and others.

GG GGG

So you buy many supporter packs and other mtx and then get up on your soap box and lecture others on why GGG doesn't need to be generous in the "season of giving". Let's see, I've spent $60 US on D3, another $40 on D3:RoS, and well over $100 on GGG stuff. I'm poor and can't buy more but I was looking forward to treating myself to a couple more premium stash tab bundles and then take a closer look at some of the Ghostflame effects and pick one but not if I have to pay full price. Yes, it is a matter of psychology how any comapny can overprice an item, then put it on sale, and then get us to buy it at the "sale" price, which is the price the company wants for that item from the get-go. So the same holds true here for PoE items. I wait until a big sales event (50% off everything is was the annual sales event I was waiting for) to buy more PoE stuff and contribute my little bit to GGG's financial well being, but this year it looks like it's not to be.

Oh well, happy holidays to all at GGG anyway. :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 27, 2015, 4:08:28 PM
^Can't you do the same when the stash tab bundle is on a day-sale?

And then pick a ghostflame effect and wait for it to go on sale. I did the same with the elite armor set. Really wanted it for my 2-handed duelist, but did not feel like paying full price (i find them rather expensive) so i waited i think roughly a year or so, for it to go on sale.

I got it now though and it's awesome! :)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
jadenharrow wrote:
This is kind of disrespectful to those that are actually veterans. All my veteran friends and even the one who was stopped loss-ed twice (and still is an awesome person) aren't as entitled as you are. They know their service was a sacrifice not an entitlement program.

I still support your right to express your opinion though.

Those who are "actually" veterans? Get your facts right bud. I was in JROTC (Junior Reserve Officer's Training Corps) for 4 years all throughout High School. Guess how many attacks our school sustained? Yup, you guessed it, 0. Casualties? 0 again. I kept my High School safe for that entire time.

You can even trace back my service before then. Even when I was a very young child, like in Elementary School, I was part of the Elite Crossing Guard. What did the Crossing Guards do? We helped other children cross the road before and after the school bus stopped to pick us up. We were the first ones out of the bus and the last ones in.

And even now as we speak I am part of the Neighborhood Watch. I see some suspicious activity, I dont go and hide, or call 911 and wait. I go out there and confront it. So next time you throw that word "Veteran" out there, know that I have bled for it.

I did my job, but now I am back in the civilian world and they are trying to screw me out of my discounts. And its not even just about POE. This is just a game that I enjoy, but once I was at Starbucks, and the guy goes, "Well sir our free Caramel Machiato offer is only good for the 4th of July." I almost lost it. I was like, "Did I ONLY defend our country on the 4th of July?" Finally I got the manager involved and got it. Point being you have to stand up for your rights and fight. So yes I am standing up for my rights, and if that bothers you then I am sorry sir.

/Salute Thanksgiving Discounts
Discounts on mtx's are privileges, and/or the generosity of GGG towards the player base... not rights.

None of us are entitled, or have the "right", to anything in PoE, whether you're a veteran, a president, a doctor, or anything else.

True story.
"
LeHeup80 wrote:

People like this poster would see these good people as literally nothing more than a channel to market and oportinuty to get what they want from other people.

This is why wars really happen, nothing more.

Wars happen over a f2p game's lackluster supporter packs or lack of a sale on MTXs? I think you might be overreacting a little mate.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Nov 27, 2015, 9:06:25 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I wait until a big sales event (50% off everything is was the annual sales event I was waiting for) to buy more PoE stuff and contribute my little bit to GGG's financial well being, but this year it looks like it's not to be.

So they told you they won't be doing the same ever again, why did you think it was gonna be an annual thing?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I wait until a big sales event (50% off everything is was the annual sales event I was waiting for) to buy more PoE stuff and contribute my little bit to GGG's financial well being, but this year it looks like it's not to be.

So they told you they won't be doing the same ever again, why did you think it was gonna be an annual thing?

Of course there was nothing stated by GGG that the Black Friday, Black Weekend, or Cyber-Monday was going to be an annual event. That was just wishful thinking on my part. Besides, Black Friday is a very bad idea anyway and there is a growing hatred of the big box stores in the U.S. for starting the sales Thursday evening so this year many in America boycotted and didn't go out and shop today. Updating and applying that here means no buying until GGG gives us all a better (more rewarding) endgame playing experience (better item progression for starters). It's my personal choice that if I'm being starved for incrementally better gear by Merciless Act 3 and then must play many 100s and 100s of hours to get a better gear drop then my willingness to open up my wallet and buy any mtx is 0%. The alternate that GGG and others say is to trade for better gear or self-craft. Both of these are overly cumbersome and time consuming so I'd rather be out in Wraeclast bashing a bazillion mobs so that doesn't happen. And so GGG doesn't get any mtx from me. I will continue to muttle along with my 42 premium tabs and thus my shift to playing a race or temp league is higher as I get 42 empty tabs to start fresh with and that is way more than enough for my playing time. Standard league is where I need more stash space so I've stopped playing any build for now until there is a real sale to justify my taking a gamble with my money on which six read-only tabs are converted (I will forever and always hate that change).

Hey GGG, 'Tis the Season to be Giving so come on and give us a 50% off everything sale. I promise I'll buy.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 27, 2015, 10:04:48 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
... I think you might be overreacting a little mate.

Trolls not overreact, they just do their job XD

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
ivqancorp wrote:
"
jadenharrow wrote:
This is kind of disrespectful to those that are actually veterans. All my veteran friends and even the one who was stopped loss-ed twice (and still is an awesome person) aren't as entitled as you are. They know their service was a sacrifice not an entitlement program.

Those who are "actually" veterans? Get your facts right bud. I was in JROTC (Junior Reserve Officer's Training Corps) for 4 years all throughout High School. Guess how many attacks our school sustained? Yup, you guessed it, 0. Casualties? 0 again. I kept my High School safe for that entire time.

You can even trace back my service before then. Even when I was a very young child, like in Elementary School, I was part of the Elite Crossing Guard. What did the Crossing Guards do? We helped other children cross the road before and after the school bus stopped to pick us up. We were the first ones out of the bus and the last ones in.

And even now as we speak I am part of the Neighborhood Watch. I see some suspicious activity, I dont go and hide, or call 911 and wait. I go out there and confront it. So next time you throw that word "Veteran" out there, know that I have bled for it.

I did my job, but now I am back in the civilian world and they are trying to screw me out of my discounts. And its not even just about POE. This is just a game that I enjoy, but once I was at Starbucks, and the guy goes, "Well sir our free Caramel Machiato offer is only good for the 4th of July." I almost lost it. I was like, "Did I ONLY defend our country on the 4th of July?" Finally I got the manager involved and got it. Point being you have to stand up for your rights and fight. So yes I am standing up for my rights, and if that bothers you then I am sorry sir.

That's a 10/10 troll post there, sir.

/tips tophat
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
"
ivqancorp wrote:
"
jadenharrow wrote:

That's a 10/10 troll post there, sir.

/tips tophat

Who knew that this thread will give rise to a new Navy Seal Copy Pasta, what a time we live in
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info