Game Crash on Tzteosh, Hungering Flame encounter

encountered game crashes in promenade due to being hit by invisible damage. was half way through map when game froze and large circles of fire appeared then game crashed me to login screen. i recognized the fire as flame blast but it was just falling on me out of nowhere land. using PoF i ran around area where the blast was and could not see any monsters but the game would drop fire rings on me then freeze where this went on until portals were used up. on the last portal i saw the monster and the game froze then crash. can u take this monster out of the game. needs serious adjustments that one. you cannot fight what u cannot see. seems to be really broken and overpowered for a tier 4 map.
Last edited by rtdean on Nov 25, 2015, 7:09:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
rtdean wrote:
encountered game crashes in promenade due to being hit by invisible damage. was half way through map when game froze and large circles of fire appeared then game crashed me to login screen. i recognized the fire as flame blast but it was just falling on me out of nowhere land. using PoF i ran around area where the blast was and could not see any monsters but the game would drop fire rings on me then freeze where this went on until portals were used up. on the last portal i saw the monster and the game froze then crash. can u take this monster out of the game. needs serious adjustments that one. you cannot fight what u cannot see. seems to be really broken and overpowered for a tier 4 map.

the attack range of tzteosh is really huge which likely is intentional as a surprise effect. but easy to walk out with some movement skill or high move speed.

for the game freezes, is the game running on your computer fine otherwise?

regarding the demon being overpowered:
it can spawn from level 15 zones upwards , meeting it later ingame will of course have a greater impact. which level were you when you did that t4 map?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 26, 2015, 4:46:14 AM
"
the attack range of tzteosh is really huge which likely is intentional as a surprise effect. but easy to walk out with some movement skill or high move speed.

for the game freezes, is the game running on your computer fine otherwise?

regarding the demon being overpowered:
it can spawn from level 15 zones upwards , meeting it later ingame will of course have a greater impact. which level were you when you did that t4 map?

the surprise, (ambush) effect is painfully obvious that ggg has incorporated into the difficulty level of the game so as not to make it easy but when damage is hitting and you cannot respond because you cannot see where it is coming from well thats just giving the enemy an unfair advantage. the game dynamics require a player to see the enemy before you can do anything whether it is returning fire or running away to evade. to engage you still must see where the enemy is or you would be running into his attack instead of away from it which defeats the purpose. thats just a rule of engagement for RPG. so basically with this monster players are just sitting ducks which means there is no contest with which to match skills. common sense would tell you that. its just how games are played. if i had a corner screen that would show me where monsters are off the main screen, that would be fair play (and mainly when they start bombarding me with crits that are 5 times more than the regular hit). Rules of Engagement.

like i said i had completed half of the map, but i will add, without this problem. But for some reason (and its a forgone conclusion that it is in the code of some of the monsters), when a character gets into a certain proximity of some of the uniques and some mobs (this one is not the only one but most players just deal with it), the game freezes and i know everyone has experienced this from time to time even if it is a stutter and you can see this effect in vids that people post of their gameplay.

so to answer you, yes my choice of movement skill is WB but i had to shelve that due to being stuck in walls and other drawbacks of using that fast movement gem that i like, (its broken). Don't want to get stuck in a wall running from that asshole tzteosh. but since the game froze anyway as if he was using bear trap on me as the fire rings were falling on me, the bottom line is its one thing to match skills in ARPG and a whole other thing when it is clear that the devs have crossed over the line of making it difficult (which i am all for), but instead have just given the enemy an unfair advantage. remember that monster is hitting without us having a visual on him which is the only way to respond to his attacks at the present time. correct some of the flaws in the code so at least the player is not always bear trapped and cannot move and i would not care how much power the monster has.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info