Skill Development - Blade Vortex

Spectral Throw CoC with Blade Vortex + EK seems like it will scale nicely and create a defensive barrier around you to stop melee damage.
Only new players will self cast it. There is no point wasting ones time to do it.

CoCS + this + cyclone

CoCS made your theoretical uses and dillemas (like that last paragraph of OP) void. There is no dillema - just spin and crut to win. All else is for new players (ie.: ineffective)
i think the main problem for blade vortex' selfcast vs. automated cast with trigger gems is duration, if the base duration is to low there will be no reason at all to spend the time selfcasting it all few secs.

imo better make it last very long per cast and sacrafice a bit from its base dmg for duration so players will want to link it with dmg stuff instead of using it as a single gem in their active trigger setup.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Does this do weapon damage (i.e. you want a high physical damage weapon)?

Is the cast speed increased by cast speed or attack speed?

Do the blades spin faster with more attack speed?

It's a spell, so weapon damage does nothing. You need cast speed / spell damage. And of course attack speed won't affect it either.
Just please balance it (dmg) before you will put it in the game :)
stop that phys/crit hype ... what about skill that can be used by everyone effectively ??
Because this cant ... people with low/none crit cant use coc, and thats the only way how to make it effective
Hammerdin^
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Just a nitpic:

So you've taken the most boring melee skill (cyclone) and made a spell out of it. Mhhhh. Min-maxers will dig that.
holy smoke mines that looks awsome, better than i had originally expected, i wonder if you could use righteous fire and blade vortex properly together, i dident expect so many daggers to be flying around you at a time, thats deffinitly a change, or mabye you could go slower proj ethereal knives blade vortex , or possible jump into a pack and use blade fall or whatever its called, im hyped, but not hyped enough to lose my mind over this, i can deffinitly wait, and the first things i will do it make a poison shadow taking advantage of blasphemy essence drain and contagion in addition with my chaos items
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Damn.

Damn damn damn.

I had already mentally thought of the 3 "go-to" builds for that league.
Now I either have to add a fourth, or drop one... (although since I play the HC leagues, I'm guessing I'll get to a 4th =D

It looks interesting, so will have to try it, that's for sure.

Thanks Rory for going for the counter request. Easier knowing "when" you're ready to go would be great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info