New player looking for help

I played PoE about a year ago and got a witch on standard league to 78. I was using dual spell totem storm call build that I've found here and I have another character of same level also witch who was a summoner. I am planning to get back to playing poe and after recent log in with characters I've found out that all of my passives have been refunded. This leaves me with too many choices and too little knowledge of poe so I come here to ask for your help with passive tree and gear.

I enjoyed playing with totems and minions so I am mainly looking for the same thing if its currently viable I do not have much currency probably somewhere in very poor range
my current gear is random 5 link chest moonsorrow imbued wand aursieze wondertrap perandus blazon geofri's crest and something simmilar on my sumoner who has 4 link chest.

If anyone can suggest passive/gear for a totem build and a summoner that do not die every 2 seconds that would be great :) that was my main problem with my previous builds that as soon as anything touched me I was dead.
well since no one had any input I've respeced into something simmilar that I already had the gear for.

This is what I ended up with

poebuilder totem tree or poe totem tree

poebuilder summoner tree

Totem build works due to high dps. I am now trying to go for item quality gear so I can farm with it.

Summoner is lackluster I am not sure what I am suppose to do with it but kill speed is very slow but I dont get killed much.

Both toons have 5 link chests. If anyone has any input on how to improve stuff I would appreciate it.

Kudos
Last edited by asdfen on Dec 21, 2015, 1:15:30 PM
Honestly I'd just read a couple of different build guides for totems and summoners and watch some youtube...LiftingNerdBro has a really good simplified summoner guide.

It's not like you have to copy anything but it will help you understand what currently works best in the game and you can tailor to your own playstyle from there.
thank you for feed back dommomo! much appreciated it. Will check that info out. If anything else comes to mind please do let me know. The game is overwhelming me at the moment. So lost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info