I don't know what's killing me...my cycloner... woes, waste pool...etc

First, Tor Olgosso took me apart in a level 72 map with 60% fire added and poison on hit.
I have only 43% reduction from armor but 6 end charges if they are up and 2 granites. Only -15% on chaos res, so not terrible, 275 life regen. 4.6 k health. No block as cyclone with a sword cuz...rules.

Tonight go in my only T7 waste pool and get completely destroyed by what appeared to be those summoner spiders and incidental mobs but there is so much on screen I really don't think it was them but who knows there was one path that had 4 rares in a row plus summoner monkey heads.
I spun around until I was taking a ton of damage and tried to get away and just died...three times different rare spider summoners, who are devious cac blockers.

This was a blue map! Nothing terrible on mods, like a lightning resist and one bloodlines.

So yeah, I don't know if this cycloner is just bad. It seems I would need 500 dps weapon and 12k armor to survive some things but I think I die to elemental more. I think my weapon is 400dps and armor is about 6k total, probably because chest sucks and I can't run determination due to...rules.

Last edited by raziekeljr on Nov 24, 2015, 11:31:12 PM
Your armor is too low for a pure armor build, 6k won't help much even against medium power phys monsters. Tor Oglosso would punch through 6k like nothing. Summoner spiders (I assume it's act 4 revenants) do lightning damage, so armor is kinda useless against them.

I assume what you mostly die to is elemental/physical attacks. Since you're a pure armor build you get hit most of the time, and armor doesn't do anything to mitigate ele part. That's kinda the problem with pure armor builds.

You also seem to have almost no damage on the tree, so killing is probably slower than it needs to be even with Doomsower (I never played cyclone myself, so maybe it is the optimal tree for it, not sure).
Elemental conversion map mods are pretty dangerous for 2H armor characters since they have no defense against that other than health. And your health is pretty low for a melee character at least in my opinion, unless you kill so fast/leech so much that almost nothing can touch you.

You also probably need a bit more armor, or Lightning Coil to deal with phys damage, as mentioned above. Melee characters need quite a bit more focus on defenses and sustain before jumping into higher tiers of content.

My advice is: socket Life Gain on Hit when you feel like you are taking a lot of damage in a map. I always have one with me and at gem level 19 i get 84 life per rotation per mob. Roll yourself a nice granite or two and try to keep them up. That way you can tank some nasty stuff.

What you have to watch out for are boss fights with lots of elemental damage like Temple map, Torture Chamber, Necropolis, Crematorium... With LGoH you can just jump into the middle of Jungle Valley and tank all the damage from boss and adds. No need to run around and nibble at the edges. (There will be lag though!)

Watch out for big physical hits. Village Ruin, dat chicken with the vaal rain of arrows is really nasty.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to get a new chest piece today although not much currency. Similar tree was linked to me in another post I made, but it was for HC but yeah, really need some damage nodes too. I will swap in LGOH and see if that helps.

To contrast to this guy, I went back to my WB reave scion with 46% block, 45% reduced from AR, and 40% evade and it was weird not feeling like I had a homing target on my head. The cycloner feels that way though, like everything just auto hits him or he kills them all first.
Assuming your talking about revenants?

Their summons have minion instability and will explode based on %life value's after you kill them.

So if you kill a few summons close together, be prepared to move away after that (delay on explosion is like 1sec+-) or you will get shredded.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info