Is this a game that favours elitism? Old/New player seeking advice/help

"

Anyway, maybe i didn't understand the game well and i was ready to give up on PoE because i got the impression that the objective here is to make multiple chars with multiple builds, until i read this:

"
Nephalim wrote:
-game becomes a blast after this point and you can continue on this char or roll a new build

Is it possible then to stick with one char and one char alone?

It is, it'll just get boring after a while. But you can spend a fair amount of time leveling and gearing one character if you go for high level and good gear, especially if it's your first one. However, you should really stick to a low-budget, newbie-friendly guide if you want to just play one character, otherwise the chances of you making a build that actually works are 1/100. There's simply too much stuff to know in the game, a lot of which you have to know in advance when you plan your build.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Just play the game the way you want to. Play the league you want to. But be aware of the forums: A lot of people will say that you're doing it wrong, no matter how you are playing. If you, for some stupid reason, begin to believe these stupid comments, I'm afraid the game will be boring.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 26, 2015, 3:25:12 AM
"
Q.Q

If you are looking for new player forum this is the wrong one.

If you are looking for new players in game, simply join a party.

OP you disgust me with your lameness

So this game, like most, also has the socially awkward nerd that has to spew out crap to other players, being a jerk on the forum and calling other players lame and disgusting.

However, I find that most people are helpful and friendly.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
I started about six months ago and still feel like a new player.

Repeat...

Just play and have fun. When you hit something you don't know wiki, google, forums. Ignore the jerks. Unfortunately they seem to get everywhere. The only interaction you "need" to have with other players is if you decide to trade or want to join a party. Just like any other part of life you will find good people and morons.

Spoiler
Last night I was in a public party with some random players. I thought we were winning against the forces of evil. Then one person had a fit called us all a racial slur and left the party. The rest of us kept playing. Two people got levels and much loot was dropped including two uniques.(I don't know what they were...not quick enough on the draw.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info