Latency variances (not spikes) Reloaded

Hi there.

Today, since 10:00 UTC (exactly), I'm experimenting high latency in most instances (I'm playing from Argentina using a wired network).

I was playing a map (lockstep, Sao Paulo GW, 46ms latency) and suddenly everything frozen. After a couple of seconds I was disconnected. I've relogged, and then I noticed 125ms of latency (plane). I've checked the gw and it was BR. I've made a couple of new random instances, and latency most of the times was 125ms. A few times it was 46ms (normal).

I've switched to Texas, and latency (always plane), varies from 175ms (normal from my location, I had always 175ms before release of Sao Paulo), to 211ms (a little higher).

Below I submit the links to imgur and pastebin links of WinMTR and the portion of the log file where you can find the disconnection:

Is there something I can do?

Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Last edited by Petusillos on Jan 20, 2016, 9:03:57 AM
The results posted seem to be in good order.

|35.84.39a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 507 | 507 | 38 | 43 | 73 | 41 |

Your response times don't deviate that far from your pretty decent average response time.

There are latency spikes where data is moved over to xe-0-1-0.ar3.eze1.gblx.net but it doesn't carry forward to the end so it likely isn't something to worry about.

Are you running any sort of security software that might be causing problems? I'd try disabling any active security software temporarily. If things improve, we know where the problem is originating.

"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Restarted the modem, and nothing changed... :(
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Okay, keep us posted.

EDIT: I see it didn't work.
So, if you enter a zone with poor latency, leave CTRL+click the entrance and enter a new instance of that zone, do you see better latency times?

Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Nov 24, 2015, 2:49:35 PM
Does it come and go in spikes, or does it remain for the duration of that instance?

If you leave the instance, does it change?

If you go back into the instance, does it return to what it was before?

These questions can help diagnose if it is a client issue or a server issue.
Well, the title says they aren't spikes... but there aren't any latency problems in the MTRs. It sounds like there could be two problems here.

The disconnected instance was supposedly the low latency one, so since you noticed the high latency after that, let's have a trace on the IP which came with all the lag.
Last edited by ionface on Nov 24, 2015, 3:03:06 PM
The results that you posted earlier, were they taken while you were connected to a zone with higher latency results? If not, could you try to run WinMTR when there is a problem? I know it may be difficult because of the unpredictable way the problem shows up.

Ohhh, that explains it. Global Crossing/Level 3 is offloading your route to slower nodes, possibly because the low latency route is disconnecting people for some reason. It's nothing you or GGG can fix, however you might be able to circumvent the bad route by using a VPN temporarily while they fix their problem.

There's a free VPN linked in a sticky, or buy a month's service from a local VPN provider which has servers near you and the GGG server in Sao Paulo.

Contact your ISP and complain to them about this problem, and send them your big imgur album and the last MTR report, or link them to this thread. They have an interest in providing you with good service, and Level 3 has a contract with your ISP.
Last edited by ionface on Nov 24, 2015, 11:53:01 PM
Came to report similar troubles. Ping was steady as a rock at 16ms to San Jose, and today is jumping all over the place... sometimes as high as 200ms.

Wish I knew more about what caused it or how to help.
Not the best news Petusillos, but at least you know what's going on now.

EDIT - Make a new thread Shagsbeard. We'll give you a hand.

Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Nov 24, 2015, 11:13:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info