[build help] cyclone build

Hi everyone, I would like to ask for some assistance with my build. First of all this is my first character, I haven't followed any specific guide I was aiming for a duelist with dual-wielding sword and cyclone.

My inventory is currently as follows:

and here is my passive skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwB5wUtCVgQ8BHVFCAUTRRxFewYkRo-G6oc5yFgKCopLimlNZI17zboOu09_EMxRJ5HfkrIUEdTu1cNV5dYr18_YEFjF2NwZU1ngGoebbRuqm87dO108Xasd-N4DXrvfLiBOoFBggeC5ITZhymKr4rwi0-Mz5ARl3mezZ_LpzCoB6lurY218rkdvJ-9Nr6nv9XAGsEHwYvKkM9-0iHT_Nd-2L3ZYdl82sHbp-RR6UbvDvGs8i_yQfJa9kj8S_6P

I am currently stuck on T3 maps and cannot progress further until i optimize my build. My HP is 4.3k, 6.3k armour, 74 fire resist, 109 cold resist (capped at 75), 79 lightning resist (capped at 75). My static dps is 3.5k with 5.7k cyclone (unbuffed). The buffs I use are Hatred and herald of ash as well as fortify and ralying cry. Fully buffed this goes to about 11k.

My current thoughts are the following:
-too much cold resist, should change gear to even those out.
-should also get more resist gear such that resist nodes be switched out for more dps nodes and health nodes
-obtain a 5L or 6L chestpiece to add concentrated effect and another dps augmenting support skill to cyclone.
-upgrade jewelry.

I am not too sure what to do about the boots as currently they provide frenzy charges which work with my hyaon's fury, only problem is that this isn't an elemental build so this is probably not optimal.

I am also thinking of switching to a 2H build once the passive tree reset is granted, perhaps 2H/dual wield using sundering axe, would this be a good idea?

Kind Regards
I am now thinking of getting a belly of the beast or daresso's defiance for a chest piece. I would prefer daresso's but then I think one of my rings (probably the chaos resist one) would need to be changed to raise my resistances back to cap level.
Last edited by yvesfrancois on Nov 25, 2015, 12:29:23 PM
i have now changed my cold and fire resist ring to
and switched my chest for
. Next i want to change the boots for one with health and resists, this will allow me to change the resists nodes to something else. What would be the recommendations on where to go next?
Last edited by yvesfrancois on Dec 3, 2015, 6:02:48 PM
Based on your gear here it looks like your central problem isn't so much life or resistances as it is the fact that you're attempting to run an elemental cyclone build and you're scaling physical damage (Meginords, Abyssus).

Abyssus may also be contributing to your difficulty progressing depending on how you feel about your survivability at present though I believe you're doing okay with 4.3k health. Now that you have Belly it's probably closer to 5k, I imagine.

So, imho, your first step is to decide whether or not you want to commit to physical or elemental damage.

The other thing about Abyssus is that, while that flat physical damage is nice, in conjunction with the fact that you're not scaling more physical damage off your weapons, neither are you investing in critical strikes which is where Abyssus really begins to shine.

Keep in mind that Hatred and Herald of Ash do not help you scale the Hyaon's Fury damage either, as it is pure elemental, and Hoa & Hatred scale physical. Another reason I say that you need to commit to either physical or elemental weapons rather than attempting hybrid.

If I were you, I would drop Abyssus in favour of a helmet with life/resistances, which would allow you to drop the Scion resistance nodes in favour of more life. I would also definitely drop Hyaon's for a physical sword. Then I would upgrade from Prismatic Eclipse as well.

Since you aren't investing at all into critical strikes I would also recommend picking up the resolute Technique keystone. You'll never crit, but you'll never miss, and ultimately because of how you've chosen to build your character this will result in an increase in damage.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Thanks for the assistance, physical is indeed what I am trying to aim for. At this point in time the swords weren't specifically chosen I just so happened to have been given them, I will work on upgrading them next then. Are there any specific uniques I should be aiming for? My health is indeed very close to 5k now.
Last edited by yvesfrancois on Dec 4, 2015, 4:57:32 AM
Changed Hyaon's fury to this:

unbuffed my cyclone dps is now 11k =D huge improvement.
Nice, glad to see your damage is better.

For sword-based cyclone there aren't really any unique weapons that will be massive for you to get.

You may be interested in picking up a Carcass Jack though. It will improve your cyclone's aoe and aoe damage.
I was debating between that and daresso's, would carcass jack still be good considering i took Iron reflexes? Also passive tree was, would it be worth travelling up to the amplify node as i've seen a few cyclone builds going for that.
"
yvesfrancois wrote:
I was debating between that and daresso's, would carcass jack still be good considering i took Iron reflexes? Also passive tree was, would it be worth travelling up to the amplify node as i've seen a few cyclone builds going for that.

Daresso's would be fine as long as you think your AoE coverage is good, but it would also make Amplify make greater sense. Daresso's is better defensively (both chests will convert their evasion to armour through IR, so no worries there) in additional to the leech benefit and the slight dodge chance, although because of the increased dodge Daresso's is overall better as an Acrobatics character rather than IR. That said, there's nothing wrong using it as an IR character. You just won't see as a great a benefit from the dodge chance. But defensively, the overall better armour you'd get and the leech... it can be worth it.

The choice between Daresso's and Carcass largely comes down to whether you want to play it defensively or offensively.

You would want to try get as res balanced as possible to move out of Scion resistances to recover five points, maybe get some of that resistance back with a jewel as you transition from scion life to Templar. From there, it would take an additional 9 points to grab Amplify.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 5, 2015, 1:26:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info