Building Incinerate+RF infernal mantle?

I have been wondering. I have always wanted to make a RF build WITH Infernal mantle.
Items I use

The alphas Howl is only there for reduced mana reserved so I can use Haste and 2 heralds.
While this was only a test and now the tool for which I will use to get currency so I can 5 link my Infernal mantle I have noticed that I lack defenses and I die quite easily.

I mainly want to use Incinerate+RF and Infernal but it feels like it is not so common or I am just looking in the wrong places for those details.

My Infernal mantles

I plan to use a lvl 79 Scion to redo this build for RF and hopefully it will also include Infernal mantle.
If it turns out I cannot use Infernal mantle then I will just go ahead and build the lvl 79 character as the Incinerate when I get back home and forget about the lvl 67 one until the next passive skill tree reset whenever there is one.

Equipment I plan to use for the LVL 79 version (pretty much the Phoenix)

And I will probably be around for a few questions/answers if there is going to be any. But I waited 5 months to play again and if worst come to "worst" then I will just have to make a new character.
Whispers of Doom, never forget!
Infernal mantle is not very useful if you are running RF.

Also your infernal mantles are all legacy and has less stats than the new ones.

And you have to stand in the face of everything so not getting a tons of armor from your chestpiece is sad.

I had an RF incinerate in the darkshrines, and it felt really squishy in some situations, so had to turn off RF from time to time, but I only used RF for the swag.

You did not pick block nodes but u have 470 str from the tree so this might be a better wep option.

Arctic armor vitality and purity of fire are the auras you are looking for so forget haste and heralds.

If you have this new amu, it is really cheap then you can run RF with saffels for the extra spell dmg, with this you might end up with the same if not more ammount of dps than you would have with your planned items.
Or

Maybe this has more dmg output because of the extra cast speed, I don't remember, I used 3 different shield + ammu setup on it for different maps.

Gem setup:

You can see it in this one.
Just but yourself a 5link astral plate for a few chaos and throw a few alch scour at it until you get something half decent.

Last edited by krenderke on Nov 24, 2015, 11:01:26 AM
Yeah, I made some changes and tried it out on the lvl 79 in standard league. I swapped my Tabula for a 5link hp armor. Just that seems to do great.

I made a decent beginners RF build together with incinerate and from what I tested, sure it is not worse than the other builds I have ruined with my personal touch. But indeed there are better armor options. So I will use this hp 5link chestpiece and farm up for a 6s5l or a 5l/6l and then have fun with it until I can bother doing a new character. (goal is to get a new Infernal mantle while farming)

The only thing is my cold res on 56% and fire 86% lightning 75%. Still have to fix that.

Current 79 Gear

Gems are not final but I am just testing things out. (died a couple of times in a former high lvl map now I do not even remember what Tier it was before I had thrown it in the machine to open portals)

But other than wanting to build around Infernal mantle (in the future maybe even Mokous embrace).
Whispers of Doom, never forget!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info