Put the Crafting back into Crafting. Good RNG vs Bad RNG

I liked an earlier suggestion by Boem to put all the socket/fusing on a rag doll UI, so once you invest in a character to 3L, 4L, 6L everything you can interchange items and upgrade more easily. At the top end it makes 6L more affordable for single characters, especially long term across meta changes, passive changes, item additions, etc. (but potentially more expensive for players with many alts who share items). At the low end it should really smooth out / improve the progression during leveling. Another bonus: item graphics wouldn't be covered by sockets anymore.

Link to that thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458341

With the current system, 6L (and 6s) should have less variance. Since the probability is so low, the investment difference is too significant between players who get 6L within 1 standard deviation of the mean vs. players at the low end of the probability distribution tail who get 6L outside of 2 or more standard deviations of the mean. Any system which makes 1 in 40 players really really sad is not good for business.

GGG should add entropy to fusing/jeweling (i.e. limit the lower tail of the curve).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Nov 25, 2015, 3:54:36 PM
Yep, I absolutely agree, current crafting is riddled with "bad" RNG. I quit for a few months out of 6link frustration, but just recently came back because the Ascendancy news got me excited. I'm already about to quit again though. I spent 150 fuses looking for a 6link and ended up not even getting my 5link back. This is 150 fuses on top of the 6637 I had already spent over the course of my PoE career. The only 6link I own was achieved on the 5041st recorded fusing, and now I'm remembering why I quit this game - because smashing your face on an RNG wall stacked ridiculously in favor of the house isn't fun. I'm fucking tired of having 5links, tired of having all my builds and theorycrafting limited by 5links. I don't think it's unreasonable to feel like I'm entitled to another 6link at this point, but it could easily take me another 5041 fuses for my next, which is just complete horse shit. Why play when progress feels nonexistent.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is a case of already having your mechanic, and refusing to be satisfied by it.

Don't like RNG? That's Kool and the Gang, just head on over to Vorici and spend your 1500 Fusings to get your 6L guaranteed. Sense of progression? It's there when you look in your stash and see those Fusings piling up, getting closer and closer to that 1500 threshold when you can finally buy your 6L. Everything you want, presumably, is right there.

The only reason I can think of for why this doesn't appease you is that your money burns a hole in your pocket; as soon as you get any currency, you want to spend instead of save. Well, that's the lottery ticket route. You can save your currency to buy what you want, or you can spend it as you earn it on lottery tickets. I don't feel sorry for you in the slightest if you cannot make the choice appropriate to your desires, when you've been given the opportunity.

There is another reason.

Imagine spending thousands of fusings before vorici has been added and getting jack shit. Now, you could save up another 1500 and be grossly under-par on the amount of 6links one would expect to have, or you can keep dumping fusings. I mean, your RNG should even out eventually, right? R-right...?
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Nov 25, 2015, 6:51:14 PM
The best fix for this would be tracking failures and increasing the rate of success at some point down the road. Instead of every Jeweler Orb chance being one in 1000 they cumulatively add up so pouring more orbs towards an item isn't a complete waste of your life and time.
Yeah, just uninstalled again after another 142 with nothing to show. I'll check back in when Ascendency is released, but fuck this noise right now. I'll not let myself be treated so badly by a goddamn video game. Yes, this game treats its players badly, horribly in fact. Too bad I realized this after I had already spent 155 bucks on it.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Just looking for a balance between, Gee look at me! I made a 6L in 1 fuse accidentally while trying to 5L my item! I'm so lucky this game rocks!

And the previous poster.

Both are bad RNG actually from a standpoint of game playing longevity.
"
RockGod wrote:
Just looking for a balance between, Gee look at me! I made a 6L in 1 fuse accidentally while trying to 5L my item! I'm so lucky this game rocks!

And the previous poster.

THIS! 100% THIS!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
RockGod wrote:

And the previous poster.

THIS! 100% THIS!

Agreed!
"
Mystereye wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
RockGod wrote:

And the previous poster.

THIS! 100% THIS!

Agreed!

Third. Though my experience stems from +2 map drops from shitty blue maps in comparison to "properly rolled maps" rather than socketing and linking.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
this game is a slot machine. the time from your life being the tokens.

Its also a trial in discipline. Do you RNG your hard earned currency away that took weeks to gather only to get NOTHING in return? or do you excercise discipline and use vorici?

whatever the case i do believe this game has serious flaws. the fun people want to have being gated behind such extremes of wealth that take so long to acquire. hardcore gaming or... a controlled rat maze?

any one know the exchange rate for wasted time?

You have spoken out of my mind dude!
+1

Im done with this Game, today i truly realized how bad this game actualy is when it comes to drop/crafting.

Although its Free-To-Play Game, its Dropsystem/Craftingsystem requieres alot ALOOOT of your [TIME].
This is so ridiculous that you need to snap out of this hellcycle, im not sure how healthy this Game is for a Person.

For me it was really fun to play but very disappointing in rewardings for the time i have put in.

Maybe, just maybe sometime, the drops get better mechanics and the RNG system gets overhauled to satisfy the Gamer for his efforts/time wasted.

End-Game is a Joke to me, its nothing but Map Grinding for Gears but in the end of your day you should ask yourself, was it worth to spend 12 hours of your LIFE to have nothing but a few orbs and 100000 trash rares and 1000 uniques that are vendormeal.

This Game provides Fun but aswell punishes you for Playing in the End so its a [ 1 + 1 - 2 = 0 ]

Sidenote: Its really a stupid Idea to let Legacy Items to exist. Newcomers cant get a GG Amulet or a better version of some items, but the older players here has OP items which they can sell but maybe keep for their builds in future. Taking the Chance away from newcomers to get same items is a Bad logic.

Also removing Item Quantity Affixes from Rare Items was a bad Idea, the drops suck anyway , why you take the small % from the players? seriously, i run maps with 120%+ quantity / 40%+ rarity ( 110q/458r from my MF items/gems ) that makes like 230% quantity and 500 rarity and still drop only SHITLIKE rares and Uniques that are worth Nothing but alchemy shards.

Well im done wasting my Time for unrewarding Systems like this, maybe see ya all in Future where GGG re-thinks this whole Bad RNG System what i doubt but still hope.
Last edited by ebeninami on Nov 27, 2015, 5:11:45 AM
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
this game is a slot machine. the time from your life being the tokens.

Its also a trial in discipline. Do you RNG your hard earned currency away that took weeks to gather only to get NOTHING in return? or do you excercise discipline and use vorici?

whatever the case i do believe this game has serious flaws. the fun people want to have being gated behind such extremes of wealth that take so long to acquire. hardcore gaming or... a controlled rat maze?

any one know the exchange rate for wasted time?

You have spoken out of my mind dude!
+1

Im done with this Game, today i truly realized how bad this game actualy is when it comes to drop/crafting.

Although its Free-To-Play Game, its Dropsystem/Craftingsystem requieres alot ALOOOT of your [TIME].
This is so ridiculous that you need to snap out of this hellcycle, im not sure how healthy this Game is for a Person.

For me it was really fun to play but very disappointing in rewardings for the time i have put in.

Maybe, just maybe sometime, the drops get better mechanics and the RNG system gets overhauled to satisfy the Gamer for his efforts/time wasted.

End-Game is a Joke to me, its nothing but Map Grinding for Gears but in the end of your day you should ask yourself, was it worth to spend 12 hours of your LIFE to have nothing but a few orbs and 100000 trash rares and 1000 uniques that are vendormeal.

This Game provides Fun but aswell punishes you for Playing in the End so its a [ 1 + 1 - 2 = 0 ]

Sidenote: Its really a stupid Idea to let Legacy Items to exist. Newcomers cant get a GG Amulet or a better version of some items, but the older players here has OP items which they can sell but maybe keep for their builds in future. Taking the Chance away from newcomers to get same items is a Bad logic.

Also removing Item Quantity Affixes from Rare Items was a bad Idea, the drops suck anyway , why you take the small % from the players? seriously, i run maps with 120%+ quantity / 40%+ rarity ( 110q/458r from my MF items/gems ) that makes like 230% quantity and 500 rarity and still drop only SHITLIKE rares and Uniques that are worth Nothing but alchemy shards.

Well im done wasting my Time for unrewarding Systems like this, maybe see ya all in Future where GGG re-thinks this whole Bad RNG System what i doubt but still hope.

This

AND that

"
RockGod wrote:

And the previous poster.

Both right. GGG don't know how is it to waste time by collecting 800 jewellers, then collect 2000 fusing with 2-3k armour scraps and NOT get 6 linked you should get, you worked for it and not get it.

While some "good RNG" that programmed to have everything they wanted get for free or with playing the game 6 links.

Time needed for "craft" that not even real craft absolutely №1 slot machine then any game ive seen.

I'm sure those programmed to have always "good RNG" needed for GGG to show other players that PoE have craft, nothing else they needed.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info