Is GGG trying to destroy us with hype?

Any POE player that's been around for a while, knows they thrive off our pain. I myself have played casually since open beta. (POE? Casual? WTF am I saying) During this time I always find myself with hype being forced upon me by little teasers, tiny hints, beautiful uniques I may never touch... And how the devs always find new ways to make us die.

But this, this is a whole new type of suffering, they've left us hyped over a new challenge league (and more importantly tree reveal) and they also have the Ascendancy update lingering over us, which we wont be getting for 4-5+ months. One big update wasn't enough, they tossed the announcements for both at us in a very short amount of time, how am I supposed to decide what I'm excited about now?
"
Lexelor wrote:
how am I supposed to decide what I'm excited about now?

I think your parents are supposed to teach you that.
Wait. Ascendency release time is 4-5 months?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Wait. Ascendency release time is 4-5 months?

I believe they said Q1 2016, so I'd say more like 3-4 barring unforeseen things.

Talisman is meant to last close to release, so we'll probably get the exact date when Talisman league launches.
Yes
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
If they announce during the middle of a league, everyone stops playing the current league. This time they are announcing before the league starts (presumably after everyone has stopped playing the one month since they had already announced the next league).

I'm curious how this will turn out. I personally feel it's too early and my hype will deflate like one of those aluminum balloons.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
New spell/curse: hype.
Monsters start run around blinded and frenzied. After the frenzy charges expire they are killed by reality.
They killed the hype for Talisman with the expansion news(at least for me). They should have waited. I was looking forward to Talisman league but I may just skip it and wait for the expansion with these new developments.
They might have realeased the news early because there were a lot of complaints for new stuff after a lot of players became unhyped from The Awakening. One of the main complaints, mine included, was little choice of strong builds and players generally feeling weakened, instead of empowered, by The Awakening. Ascendancy does look like an attempt to address this issue. I see this as GGG's "we are listening and we are working on improving things" message.

So, GGG are definitely trying to hype us. Are they trying to destroy us? I hope not.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 24, 2015, 3:54:31 AM
Hue. They're shooting for a march release (Chris).

The talisman will last for 3 months + 1 month fluff, it seems reasonable.

Then again, maybe we'll have 2 months fluff, or 4 months talisman. Anyway, march at the earliest from my point of view.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info