Barrage build possible?

So is there any conceivable way to make a viable (if sub-par) build that uses Barrage as its main skill and DOESN'T rely on CoC?

I love the mechanics of the skill, and I always used the rapid fire range attacks in Torchlight, but Barrage's damage just seems.. unusable, even with a bunch of pure-DPS support gems and a decent weapon. Am I just missing something?

I'm definitely looking forward to the Ranger Ascendancy classes, because that +1 chain node with no damage reduction might just make a Ricochet Barrage build viable.
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 1:21:27 AM
I've spot your post in gameplay forum. Good idea, I thought, but when I tested how barrage works with GMP I lost hope. Do you know any way to make it more AoEish? (other than CoC)
Burn all the orbs!
Hello

I love Barrage Skill
Last edited by DKBO on Dec 11, 2015, 3:10:49 PM
"
MaraWuti wrote:
So is there any conceivable way to make a viable (if sub-par) build that uses Barrage as its main skill and DOESN'T rely on CoC?

I love the mechanics of the skill, and I always used the rapid fire range attacks in Torchlight, but Barrage's damage just seems.. unusable, even with a bunch of pure-DPS support gems and a decent weapon. Am I just missing something?

I'm definitely looking forward to the Ranger Ascendancy classes, because that +1 chain node with no damage reduction might just make a Ricochet Barrage build viable.

Well, many players forgot that barrage is actually one of the strongest (if not the strongest) single-target skills. It's DPS potential with GMP is astounding - 300% of base damage with GMP linked. Show me ANY other wand or bow skill that can match it (with +1 support)! The "all-popular" frenzy with 8 frenzy charges and average stats with PPAD gem provides an equivalent to mere 200% of base damage. And dont look at tooltip, it says wrong numvers for Barrage (just like it did for Cyclone).

The main flaw of Barrage is that is has "spread", so it hits with all projectiles only at close and medium range. That's why i strongly recommed building around Point Blank keystone. Try Chin Sol, for example - it should work fine.
I dont think you can turn Barrage into a great AoE skill (even with chain), so you'll need an AoE skill anyways.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 11, 2015, 6:14:02 AM
actually you can.

barrage 6 link. with no gmp.

use the volley fire viridian jewel. you will need about 3.

this will cause barrage to spread much like a skill with GMP without takeing the dmg penalty of gmp.

it also retains it's single target dps. and even enhances it. however you will need to find the right placements for the jewels. and i dont remember them off the top of my head.
Actualy barrage traps also work but its niche.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info