Few questions regarding this Marauder build

Here is the passive skill tree of the final build I want to have:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38xFj2SF8_e4yExH7gHpSeV-RRUEfvDho-fLgpLvGs8i9qO2oeHOdXDfObaGWWbJHOu-3ZYa2Nz352rGebrj6XeQmWOQ7rCYVSxq4MXxjXU6Ucp9Ih8kGCB9l8FHEOPN-_20_gwyW8OlK8n_xLFE0B5xv6Jd-2LKQZpzCfyzwtg1_E9q-nHM4rUA3N_lRyqYnYaFjXlvcyfNlVqZe0agELYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf35o7gpt8S7aGlnTsOIV7ZlQ62AGRLdL9MIiPGuRqpWoEhmDzb0nVCbvkrWDEGelgkZ7N8pxul_e-jM8YkTJ-

As you can tell, I only want to deal physical damage, without elemental damage at all. Weapon of choice is a two-handed mace.
I'm currently level 29, that's why I want to make sure I'm going in the good direction.

I want lots of health, armour, elemental resistances and to deal lots of damage. Because I will have lots of health I will use Blood Magic. Because of that do I need Mortal Conviction? If Mortal Conviction reduces half of the magica bar, making the other half useful (does it?), is it wise to have points invested up to Unrelenting, which reduces the magica use?
Does Ground Slam benefit from Iron Grip, or should I dismiss Iron Grip?
Do I need this amount of jewel sockets which I have in plan?
Do I need these endurance charges?
Do I need accuracy rating if I go with Resolute Technique?
If I have Resolute Technique can I still miss because of low accuracy rating?

I don't know which skills will be available in later levels suitable for this type of the build, so tell me if there's any.
I heavily rely on Heavy Strike, Ground Slam, Swing, Leap Slam-(although the damage output is lame) and Vigilant Strike.
This is my first character to reach level 29, and I'm new here.
All suggestions are welcome.

This is my current build, and it's strong:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEACZYaPhznHpQpLjkOPfxQR1cNWGNfP2ebaGVqHmo7e4x8uH7ghMSFUozPl3meV8RYxtjkUesJ7w7xrPIv85v2SA==?accountName=WishmasterTheDark&characterName=WishmasterTheDark
Last edited by WishmasterTheDark on Nov 22, 2015, 7:53:05 PM
"
Here is the passive skill tree of the final build I want to have:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38xFj2SF8_e4yExH7gHpSeV-RRUEfvDho-fLgpLvGs8i9qO2oeHOdXDfObaGWWbJHOu-3ZYa2Nz352rGebrj6XeQmWOQ7rCYVSxq4MXxjXU6Ucp9Ih8kGCB9l8FHEOPN-_20_gwyW8OlK8n_xLFE0B5xv6Jd-2LKQZpzCfyzwtg1_E9q-nHM4rUA3N_lRyqYnYaFjXlvcyfNlVqZe0agELYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf35o7gpt8S7aGlnTsOIV7ZlQ62AGRLdL9MIiPGuRqpWoEhmDzb0nVCbvkrWDEGelgkZ7N8pxul_e-jM8YkTJ-

As you can tell, I only want to deal physical damage, without elemental damage at all. Weapon of choice is a two-handed mace.
I'm currently level 29, that's why I want to make sure I'm going in the good direction.

I want lots of health, armour, elemental resistances and to deal lots of damage. Because I will have lots of health I will use Blood Magic. Because of that do I need Mortal Conviction? If Mortal Conviction reduces half of the magica bar, making the other half useful (does it?), is it wise to have points invested up to Unrelenting, which reduces the magica use?
Does Ground Slam benefit from Iron Grip, or should I dismiss Iron Grip?
Do I need this amount of jewel sockets which I have in plan?
Do I need these endurance charges?
Do I need accuracy rating if I go with Resolute Technique?
If I have Resolute Technique can I still miss because of low accuracy rating?

I don't know which skills will be available in later levels suitable for this type of the build, so tell me if there's any.
I heavily rely on Heavy Strike, Ground Slam, Swing, Leap Slam-(although the damage output is lame) and Vigilant Strike.
This is my first character to reach level 29, and I'm new here.
All suggestions are welcome.

This is my current build, and it's strong:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEACZYaPhznHpQpLjkOPfxQR1cNWGNfP2ebaGVqHmo7e4x8uH7ghMSFUozPl3meV8RYxtjkUesJ7w7xrPIv85v2SA==?accountName=WishmasterTheDark&characterName=WishmasterTheDark

Aight so there are endless things wrong with this so leme try to work through some of them

• Bloodmagic removes your mana and makes all your mana cost become removed from your life. The nodes behind it offer a more than normal amount of %life so you get those. If you go bloodmagic you have no use for mana or mana regen
  • Mortal conviction halves the amount of mana it costs to reserve an aura. So if a aura cost 50%, it now costs 25%. Since your bloodmagic and have no mana, you would take the mana(life) out of your life pool. So you would reserve 25% of your maximum life. If you have 1000 life, you reserve a 25% aura, your at 750 life
  • Ground slam is not a projectile, above the skill gem it has tags like. Melee,area,attack. since projectile isn't one of them iron grip doesn't effect it.
  • jewel sockets are only useful if you have jewel which I wouldn't bother worrying about now. Overall there some of the last things you want to get
  • Endurance charges are useful and more useful for hardcore as they offer 4% additional physical/elemental resistances. But only if you have a way to generate them such as enduring cry
  • Accuracy reduces your chance to miss by increasing your chance to hit. Resolute techniques makes you never miss, so you always hit. With resolute techniques you don't need accuracy anymore
  • you listed a lot of skills and general want to pick 1-2 to base your build around so I suggest you test some and find the one/ones you like
  • you call your build strong but when you reach act4 normal or even cruel or merciless difficulty you will get knocked on your ass hard. The game really doesn't start until you begin mapping around lv68

let me know what I didn't answer or you didn't understand and we can work from there

Lighty
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 22, 2015, 8:09:15 PM
Ok. Now I get the picture.
So should I use Stamina and Endurance charges anyway?
Do I need these life leech points like Lust For Carnage?
When it comes to skills like Ground Slam, developers have their own philosophy. If it was part of Titan Quest Immortal Throne I bet that would be counted as projectile.
My character is pretty strong for now, and going really well. I almost one-hit every monster with Heavy Strike. Bosses weren't problem either. I don't know what's waiting for me later, but that's why I'm here.

What would be your suggestion for the final build?
Again: lots of resistances, lots of armour, lots of health and lots of physical damage without elemental from two-handed mace.
(post passive tree link)
Last edited by WishmasterTheDark on Nov 23, 2015, 6:42:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info