[Contest] Guess the remaining Ascendancy Class names

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
I understand that GGG might prefer not to fight a quarrel, as being struck down by God's stormtroopers is classified as an act of God by most insurance companies, but just how they managed to get a G-string accepted as their official vestments of office in the first place is a scandal that is still waiting for an intrepid reporter to break. Smiting will only take you so far.

Чужая вера - слишком тонкая штука, in Ascaron cloth apparently has no connection with virtue or lack thereof, if it works for them who am I to complain.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

Чужая вера - слишком тонкая штука

You've got a point. Let what was once Sacred rest in peace as we mourn the passing of Ascaron.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Ok,

Witch (1. is clear)

2. Elementalist - mainly elemental spell damage, mostly flat damage buffs and increase of elemental spell damage for second hit on mobs or something close, increase of elemental status effects (both duration and influence, like more dmg while shocked or longer freeze and higher burn damage)

3. Hex master - Increase in curses, secondary effects of curses, possible added chaos damage to cursed enemies that are hit. Possible life/ES regeneration for killing cursed enemyes, additional buffs to minions and allies against cursed enemies.

Ranger (1. Deadeye 2. Raider)

3. Plunderer - Mainly a survive directed type, buffs on defenses and dodge, possible increase of rarity from enemies and charges for potions. Increase in crit chance, for example more rarity for enemy killed by crit hit.

Templar (1. Inquisitor)

2. Rune master - based on enhancement buffs and temporary elemental increases. Increased aura abilities such as less mana reserved and bigger radius or effect of auras. Increased elemental damage for attacks and spells possible, option for more noncrit damage on hit.

3. Crusader - Possible weapon statistic increases such as more attack and/or spell flat damage. May have added elemental damage buffs. Increases on armor/ES, block and some minor life + life regen nods.

Marauder (2. Juggernaut)

1. Battle master - Buffs on block with dual wielding, damage and attack speed with dual weapons and one handed weapons. Buff on defenses and possible endurance charge buff. Option for effect with counter attacks and buff on them.

3. Shaman - Totem master, THIRD totem option (on 4 nods spent in one path). Possible buff for blood magic, such as less HP spent for skills and less life reserved from auras. Option for increased effect of auras on totems and reduced duration/effect of curses on the shaman and totems.

Shadow

Spirit - CI directed leech and block. Melee buffs possible, added chaos damage as % of physical damage done. Chance to dodge attacks. Faster ES start of recharge and bigger recharge rate. Possible buff while on full ES.

That's it from me, hope I got some stuff!

"
Chris_GGG wrote:
We will start announcing more Ascendancy classes in a few days. There's one each for the Marauder, Ranger and Templar coming up this week.

Last chance to get in your guesses!
SHADOW
Talon 2.0 - All your pentakills are belongs to me

MARAUDER
Swagger - Full of swag
Shaman_King - Great Spirits, lots of them guarding this one..

WITCH
Def_Not_Your_Average_Pikachu - Bae's got more than just lightning, betta run while you can!
Only_One_In_PoE_With_A_Death_Note - Don't give her your name.

RANGER
She_Who_Swears_she_Is_Female - IT'S A TRAP!

TEMPLAR
He_Who_Grew_Up_With_No_Pants - Gonna Quote OP: "Likes breeze... likes breeze very, very much"
Just_Anohter_Old_Man - Or so I've made you think....

SCION
Too_gud_for_SplashArt - Git On my level.

Spoiler
Comon guys, gotta have some fun.
Last edited by SIQI on Jan 27, 2016, 12:00:52 PM
"
Meridin wrote:
Last chance to get in your guesses!

Indeed, we're most likely getting three(?) new classes revealed tomorrow, so any latecomers will be at a serious disadvantage after that with three less guesses to make.

Keep in mind any changes made to the submissions we have until now after tomorrow news post will invalidate them, so it's also the last chance to tweak your entries.

It seems they won't reveal all classes at once either so I'll whip up a leaderboard once I got something to work with.

Last edited by raics on Jan 28, 2016, 6:24:45 AM
Ok, posts up until now are down for the count, I'll do a first stage tally tomorrow.

Again - don't touch anything anymore, the ship has officially sailed.

Wow. I nailed the theming (although not the name) of the third Ranger class.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Current leaderboard is up.

Seems that Berserker was a surefire bet, all points in the table came from it, nobody guessed Hierophant and Pathfinder though there were a few near misses with Scout, Trailblazer or Archbishop. A few players guessed their focuses right, though.

For Marauder I went for "Devastator" and "Guardian". Should have thought of Berserker instead of Devastator, it makes much more sense indeed =P.

Though maybe I still have some chances with "Guardian". It seems like a likely name for the last Marauder class.

Would never have guessed Hierophant and Pathfinder.

And here's a funny video about Berserkers: youtube.com/watch?v=PBUGQkpk3RE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info