[Contest] Guess the remaining Ascendancy Class names

Shadow
- Poison perforator. Focus on Dagger/Claw/1hSword Melee with added Poisoning/Bleeding in one 'branch' and more general 1h melee boosts in the other "branch"

Witch
- Elementalist: High, extreme focus on Elemental damage, 4 node branch clearly with a bend to spell slinging However secondary Branches will have more generic Elemental bonuses that would facilitate the likes of EleSplit or EleBuzzsaw esque builds.

- Dark Ritual Babe. Chaos and Degen, Curses/Wither and possibly further yet unseen Debilitations to Expose/weaken enemies to near uselessness.

Templar
- Protector of Justice! Some boosts to Taunts, careful not to step on duelist's toes. Several Effects "On Block" Ala Lightbane/Cossock(the former gear of a templar) Block builds Rejoice!

- The Master of Totems. Totems in a big way. Not just Flame/Searing/Shockwave But also a 4 node Branch for making Spell Totems(perhaps even RAT) Less punishing to use compared to other more OP ways of "casting" spells(coc is cancer)

Marauder
- Berserker: Low life/Bide Durable enough to take a beating and waiting to return the pain five fold

- I don't know, Big Ugly scary dude

Ranger
- Cara Looft, Catacomb Looter: Bows, or melee. Evasion, Life. Stuff?

Edit: I clearly had less and less ideas as the post moved on...
Last edited by Jansports on Dec 30, 2015, 8:11:05 AM
marauder
berserker - dual wielding, damage bonuses, attack speed
subjugator - spel caster

templar
commandant - mix of sumoning, defence and elemental nodes
officer - phys damage, attack speed, block

witch
mystic - elemental spells mastery
voidmage - chaos damage mastery

shadow
eliminator - claws, leech, no crit

ranger
survivor - flask, daggers, bows, regen nodes

Scion
doppelganger - got multiple skills from other subclasses

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Dec 31, 2015, 5:51:19 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
oifficer - phys damage, attack speed, block

Umm, was that supposed to be "officer" or "orificer"?

I'm asking because the latter is kinda naughty and we have minors here, you know.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Some of those pictures make me want to edit my descriptions, but I'm not sure if it's too late to do so.
"
Meridin wrote:
Some of those pictures make me want to edit my descriptions, but I'm not sure if it's too late to do so.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that, supporters that got the prints (and probably their buddies, brothers and uncles) saw all seven artworks as opposed to our three and probably have a really good hint for Scion so I suppose it's either to close the contest or allow changing.

Well, I'll see if it would be possible getting devs to show us all the artworks or some supporter to make a few pics and mail me. The prints don't seem to have names on them so there's still a lot to guess, besides, we kinda knew a Witch was getting an elemental class and templar a club&beard... err, board class. If not, it would probably be better to just close the contest and keep it fair.

I'm also pretty bummed there's no 'Santa' templar on the print :(

Last edited by raics on Dec 31, 2015, 4:36:32 AM
"
raics wrote:

I'm also pretty bummed there's no 'Santa' templar on the print :(

Haha, they missed out on a hilarious joke with that. :D
IGN: Scordalia_
Ah, I seem to have glossed over Chris mentioning he'll show us the rest of the prints at a later date in that news post.

I suppose it's fine then, anybody wishing to revise his choices after looking at the pics is free to do so. The contest will lock down the moment we get the official names.

Not rally interested in rewards, but i'll try to guess their names anyway:

Maradeur:
Berserker - Heavy Melee DPS bonuses.
Shaman - Mainly Totem bonuses, also a few summons/caster bonuses.

Templar:
Paladin - Bonuses to shield defences, a bit of aura and block bonuses .
Wizard - Spell bonuses.

Witch:
Sorceress - Spell bonuses, major increases to mana and mana regeneration.
Seer - ES pool/recharge bonuses, wand bonuses.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
http://imgur.com/a/QUeL2

Here's the other classes not shown in the news. Scion isn't there, but that's because they didn't make class art for her.
"
Chris_GGG wrote:
There is no artwork for the Scion's Ascendancy Class - but the reason for that would be a spoiler at this stage.
"
raics wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
oifficer - phys damage, attack speed, block

Umm, was that supposed to be "officer" or "orificer"?

I'm asking because the latter is kinda naughty and we have minors here, you know.

Officer ofc. It is bad that something like this can be bad for minors.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info