Unstoppable question

Hey guys, since I'm no native english speaker I'm unable to figure this out myself.

Unstoppable
a.) You cannot be slowed below base speed
b.) Movement speed cannot be modified to below base speed

What is the difference between a and b?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2023, 4:19:18 PM
A) Walking on tar

vs.

B) Wearing heavy armor or The Anvil
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
"
666lol666 wrote:
Hey guys, since I'm no native english speaker I'm unable to figure this out myself.

Unstoppable
a.) You cannot be slowed below base speed
b.) Movement speed cannot be modified to below base speed

What is the difference between a and b?

Native English speaker, still could be wrong about this but this is how I read it.

a.) You cannot be slowed below base speed. <- This talks about outside things affecting you.

b.) Movement speed cannot be modified to below base speed. <- This talks about you affecting you.

My take away is wile you can't be slowed below base by things like temporal chains you are prevented from wearing things like the lioneyes boots that can have -40% movespeed on them.

Basically the second line is there because certain interactions that the player can do are overpowered and not allowed.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Thx for the answers! :)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
GGG uses their words very literally. 'Slow' is a game effect, and 'modified speed' is another. Don't blame English for that... it's just how they label things in their game.
"Movement Speed" is a stat that only affects how fast the character runs. It has no effects on things like casting, attacking, or placing traps. Penalties to movement speed come from things like ground tar, or the movement speed penalty on armour.

"Slow" is a specific mechanic that modifies the speed all the character's animations, and thus affects everything they do. Slow is not a modifier to movement speed, and movement speed modifiers are not slows. Slow is caused by things like Temporal Chains, Chill, or Freeze.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 22, 2015, 6:50:57 PM
Thanks Mark, great explanation!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"Slow" is a specific mechanic that modifies the speed all the character's animations, and thus affects everything they do. Slow is not a modifier to movement speed, and movement speed modifiers are not slows. Slow is caused by things like Temporal Chains, Chill, or Freeze.

Thanks Mark.

I take it that this means if you take Unstoppable you cannot be frozen?

Or when you're frozen you can still move but can't attack?
"

It means you can be frozen and can still move and attack (and cast, etc) as normal.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"

It means you can be frozen and can still move and attack (and cast, etc) as normal.

That's batshit insane.

Thanks Mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info