Huge Sword wielding Necromancer Witch

Finally my dream build of making a 2H sword witch work without investing a ton of currency and only getting into merciless ledge can come true.

Just look at those Necromancer nodes. First that increased skill duration and offering skills affecting you is HUGE. With a CWDT setup, desecrate, bone offering and increased duration you get a ton of free block and spell block without needing a shield.
Couple that with more increaed skill duration nodes from the tree and another CWDT setup with IC and you are already really tanky.

Then you take that phys damage reduction nodes for each zombie you have. Put that zombie gem on a +2 helmet and get some +zombie nodes if you want. Now you are even tankier.

Finally choose between the extra damage from auras, free chaos resist, chaos damage and minions death effect (that you can couple with minion instability) or the consuming corpses damage.

Now I will only need to figure out what skill to use and which nodes to take to actuallyt deal some damage. I just hope that the nerfs wont be hard on the necromancer.
inb4 "NO! I cant play sword wielding witch because the name says Necromancer!! SO MAD! Pls put the sub trees in the tree so everyone can get then and players will not have to be stuck with a certain class!11!"
Feel free to copy paste this, whiners, as you've been copypasting shit talk for the last 2 days.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
This is very similar to my plan. I'm looking at options for a dominating blow build. The synergy is real!
I am also thinking of doing a Necro with Zombies on kill (Zombie = +Phys% defence)

overall very hyped to try unorthodox builds with these ascendancy classes.
I need more purple titles
I'm genuinely excited about all the new possibilities these subclasses are gonna open up. I'm thinking of doing a melee witch as well. This expansion can't come soon enough!
Hmm, might remake my blind witch (arcane vision with no es) in the next expansion as well.

Also liking that helm enchantment, if I get some other tools, I might remake my 3-color discharger too
Oblivious
Isnt there already a famous 2 handed sword meant for summoners?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Isnt there already a famous 2 handed sword meant for summoners?

Why yes, yes there is a 2 hand sword meant for summoners. Witches can use it too.
Last edited by Cinthe on Nov 24, 2015, 12:27:48 AM
IMHO the Slayer looks as the hands-down, no-contest best option for a two hander build.

The Necromancer looks promising for a high block/spell block build with little investment in block nodes on the passive tree, but for a two hander? I don't think it measures up.

What you could do is get a Rathpith, the Witch spellblock nodes, maybe the block nodes between Marauder and Templar and the three block nodes next to Shadow and you'll have high or maxed block/spell block when you add tempest shield and maybe some jewels. This does look pretty sweet. Similar to the massively popular MoM/EB/GR incinerate block Scion build, but with a lot of skill points freed up for damage or other forms of defense.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 24, 2015, 4:15:50 AM
"
Bars wrote:
IMHO the Slayer looks as the hands-down, no-contest best option for a two hander build.

That's yet to be determined. It strongly depends what you're trying to achieve. Not everything in Slayer class will scale exactly the same for every two-hander build. And build that does scale better than others, is not necessarily better than other two-handed builds leveraging other classes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info