What a Day

I just had a great session (for me) and I thought I'd share just to get some more positive feeling on the forum.

I play self found. My latest toon (Ball lightning focus) hit that point in the middle-late 70's where there are long stretches between finding gear upgrades. Running my higher tier maps (up to 6 is all I have) is difficult and dangerous and running low tier/Lake gives little XP. I really wanted to push this one but it was getting a little frustrating. Finally I decided that I would start picking up the highest ilvl whites I could find of the gear I need and start chancing them in the hope of getting a decent rare to upgrade with.

I have most Masters to level seven and am trying to get them to eight before talisman starts. I entered a level 71 Tora and the first chest I opened dropped a Chaos. Put the mission in a positive vector. I picked up a couple of ilvl 71 widowsilk robes along with a Vaal orb and a handful of other rares. After I got back to my HO I chanced the robes. The first one went blue. No surprise. When I chanced the second one the screen flashed, I got the "Bong" and Achievement Completed - Left to Chance. Infernal Mantle. Also one of the rares ended up being a Hubris circlet with +87 life and dual resists. With those two items I upped my energy shield by over 400, which is more than the total energy shield I had to that point. Life/ES went from about 4K to over 6K.

When I started this toon my only other two decent characters were a TS Ranger and a Summoner with Spectres, Zombies and SRS. As I understand these are two pretty powerful builds. I don't like to copy builds but I still like having a known end goal and learn by trying to figure out how to get there on my own. That way I know that at least it is possible for the build to succeed as long as I build it well. I was a little concerned going into the Ball Lightning Scion that no matter what I did she just would not be as powerful as the other two and would I be able to play her well enough. Well, I can say that she is exceeding my expectations. She has a great clear speed compared to the other characters although she does have trouble with some uniques and rares with elemental resists. I got locked up for about 10 minutes on a Union of Souls Rangkango with elemental resist on a map with 20% monster life.

Still, a very productive session!

Wolf

PS - Then during a quick run through of a crypt map I dropped an Alpha's Howl.
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last edited by Lightning_Wolf on Nov 22, 2015, 9:14:13 AM
Sounds like you're having a great day! Were you following a build guide for your Scion, because that sounds pretty fun :P also, congrats on the Mantle!
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Thanks!

I'm making a Ball lightning - Knockback but I'm not following a build guide. I liked the idea so I am building it myself knowing what the goal is. I figure that is a good way to learn to build.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info