Melee build of 1 elemental type

What kind of build would you make with these rules?

1) Only 1 elemental type is allowed on gear/items/weapons, fire, cold or lightning.

2) Your skill tooltip shows only physical + your choice of ele dmg, no other ele or chaos dmg.

3) No uniques

4) Melee skills must naturally belong to the same ele school you've chosen,
ie. glacial hammer conflicts with wrath, static strike conflicts with hatred, etc.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
I have a Templar using 100% lightning skills, no uniques in use at the moment.

Here's the build, currently Level 81, so not exactly end-game!

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAecFLQY5DF8NzRQgFE0U9hZvGJEaPhpVGmwb-hynHM4kqiXfJy8oKikuKU8rUDH7Nug26TrYPQ9DyE1GTwRPfVBHUWBTpVWpW6BfP2EhYuxo8moBcql07Xasd-V5OXwOfLh8u3zZfuJ_44BWgpuE74VShjuLT4x2kFWXeZe0mjubap48ns2f36IApBmnMKdVrY2vp7YsvJ_BgsQVxFjE9sauz37ZYdrB4XPjauQi5FHp1eoY7DjvDvAf8i_zBvZI9zL7qvxL_lQ=?accountName=Mal_function&characterName=Choppas

All gear is self-found.

<Edit: Some of the gear is pretty rubbish, especially jewellery. Will be replacing that!>

Main melee skill is Static strike, backed up with Herald of Thunder, Lightning Shield, CwDT + Conductivity, CwDT + Shock Nova + Innervate, Vengeance + Innervate.

The idea is that everything interacts - some skills cause shock, others take advantage of shock to do extra damage. I'm not convinced everything is optimised or linked for best effect, but it does work! My main question would be whether my shock duration is long enough to make a difference.

Last edited by Mal_function on Nov 22, 2015, 8:34:10 PM
"
Mal_function wrote:

1-2 cold dmg

Nice try though.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Nov 24, 2015, 3:22:41 AM
Lol quantume. Wreckage.

Anyway cool build!
Strictly SSF HC legit dual-wield Duelist.
Women swoon at the sight of him
Men tremble at the thought of him
And few that face him in battle live to tell the tale.
any IB build with avatar of fire
Write random stuff here
Well,the same I've advised a guy who was seeking help here on forum - 2H mace Ice Crasher
It maybe would need slight adjustments (-Molten Shell +Immortal Call ex,though MS is for extra armor not damage) and proper gearing to meet your requirements.
Last edited by MasterBLB on Nov 24, 2015, 3:37:18 PM
Woops, that 1-2 cold breaks the build! Completely accidental. There was also +4% fire damage, but since I'm not doing any, it doesn't count :)

I did say the jewellery was rubbish, have since replaced with the following:

No more cold damage :) Less damage overall, but more armour and ES, better mana regen, and more optimised resistances.

Skills/supports have been fiddled with a bit, still a work in progress, mainly about optimising Lightning Shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info