Dying because of load time

I do have a strong computer, and good bandwidth (just ran an online test for about 55 mbps d/l)

And still, I just click a strongbox, the game starts loading - and after a few seconds it decides it's done and I discover my level 35 hardcore character is already dead, because apparently the monsters killed him server-side before they ever rendered on my screen.

I love PoE, but this is what I would consider an absolutely fatal issue, when I've invested painstaking work into a character's survival for hours on end only to lose him to a loading time issue that I can't protect myself against.

It would be nice to have my character back in the hardcore league for starters, and I suppose I'll have to avoid strongboxes until the issue with them is fixed (they're the only thing that does this, that I've seen).
"
Moribunny wrote:

It would be nice to have my character back in the hardcore league for starters, and I suppose I'll have to avoid strongboxes until the issue with them is fixed (they're the only thing that does this, that I've seen).

Sorry for your loss, but you won't get your HC char back.

Spoiler

"
I do have a strong computer

What are your specs? Do you have an SSD? It's one of the things that dramatically improve loading times. Or, loosely quoting Chris: It's the closest you can get to "pay to win" in PoE ;-D

"
and good bandwidth (just ran an online test for about 55 mbps d/l)

In general, or did you actually check your route to the game servers?

Here's a how-to for creating a WinMTR report, just let it run for a few minutes while playing and then post the results here.

I predict the problem is going to be the video card. Run dxdiag, Save All Information... and give us the report inside [ Spoiler ] tags please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info