The M.A.I.N reason why most ppl stay on standard.

I play standard because when I pick the build I'm going to do for the new league, and I have the perfect gear for it on standard, but can't use that gear for another 2 months, it's frustrating.

Never played SRS before and wanted to, so I started on new league, but since I had a 5L PoH on standard, and wasn't able to use it for the char, it was frustrating knowing I would have to wait 2 months to use it.
Your league choice simply depends on what you want to do. I enjoy creating builds around whatever skills I find interesting at the time and while I could build them better on standard due to my currency not "getting deleted", I still enjoy starting fresh just as much, if not more.

I mean isn't it boring to just keep gaining wealth infinitely? What's the goal in that, exactly? I think it's a lot more fun to see how well you can do in 3 months, for example. Create your own build and play it until you think of something else cool and then try that. Then when the leagues, you can kind of look back and see how well you did and prepare for a fresh new start and try to top your previous performance. That's kind of what I do anyway.

To each their own.
"
StaticSys wrote:
"
Celosar wrote:
Fun fact. I just spent a few minutes googling conversion rates as well as purchasing currency from third party sites. To buy a clean Voll's Devotion costs 30+ exalts (31 is the cheapest atm).

I hope that wasn't real money for in-game orbs.

"
I play standard because when I pick the build I'm going to do for the new league, and I have the perfect gear for it on standard, but can't use that gear for another 2 months, it's frustrating.

Agree 100%. I needed a better body armor for my SRS witch from the 1-month flashback and had a nice ES chest in Standard. Had that character kitted out in minutes, res capped, better shield, +2k ES... The best part were some old boots with 29% chaos res, that's really useful if you go life + ES hybrid.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
"
stipen wrote:
"
StaticSys wrote:
"
Celosar wrote:
Fun fact. I just spent a few minutes googling conversion rates as well as purchasing currency from third party sites. To buy a clean Voll's Devotion costs 30+ exalts (31 is the cheapest atm).

I hope that wasn't real money for in-game orbs.

because PoE easily has one of the worst trading system on the market which lead new players to feel like they have no hope unless they seek the help with their $$.

I am sure the OP realize it's illegal to RMT, but it wouldn't surprise me that the 1st impression and of any new player that landed in this game after awhile is the urge to RMT to get something they really want or quit this game.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:

For your standard league rent the usual replies are "just play temporary leagues and quit this game when there's no new leagues going until the next temporary league starts"... yes they are asking you to reroll unlimited of times over and over and over and over and over or deal with standard.

PoE is really not designed for players that wants to stay with a few well developed characters... PoE is designed to encourge players to reroll (which is also why GGG gets away with completely fucked up economy on standard).

D3 also has adopted this kind of approach for game design. D3 has seasons, and when a new season comes it gets a big influx of players, then die off. D3 seasons' players retention is much lower than POE's due to its availability of gears. Both companies want players keep coming back for new things, and it is what keeps development cycle going.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on Nov 23, 2015, 3:49:23 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
This thread needs some proofs, everyone pulling numbers out of their ass without delivering source...

Here's Dom/Nem numbers: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585334

"
Domination: 51.3%
Nemesis: 20.5%
Standard: 25.6%
Hardcore: 2.6%

If someone has more recent numbers, feel free to post. With source.

So these numbers should have ended this thread already, since it breaks the very ground of OP's statement, which was "most people play Standard" (and it's not the case).
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Nov 23, 2015, 4:25:53 PM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
This thread needs some proofs, everyone pulling numbers out of their ass without delivering source...

Here's Dom/Nem numbers: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585334

"
Domination: 51.3%
Nemesis: 20.5%
Standard: 25.6%
Hardcore: 2.6%

If someone has more recent numbers, feel free to post. With source.

So these numbers should have ended this thread already, since it breaks the very ground of OP's statement, which was "most people play Standard" (and it's not the case).

Nemesis and Domination were so long ago that it'd be asinine to think those numbers still hold true.
"
07Ghost wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

For your standard league rent the usual replies are "just play temporary leagues and quit this game when there's no new leagues going until the next temporary league starts"... yes they are asking you to reroll unlimited of times over and over and over and over and over or deal with standard.

PoE is really not designed for players that wants to stay with a few well developed characters... PoE is designed to encourge players to reroll (which is also why GGG gets away with completely fucked up economy on standard).

D3 also has adopted this kind of approach for game design. D3 has seasons, and when a new season comes it gets a big influx of players, then die off. D3 seasons' players retention is much lower than POE's due to its availability of gears. Both companies want players keep coming back for new things, and it is what keeps development cycle going.

so if they make new league every 2 months and up the drop rates 4x we can keep remaking characters. sign me up
"
stipen wrote:
"
07Ghost wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

so if they make new league every 2 months and up the drop rates 4x we can keep remaking characters. sign me up

You might get some drop boosts via new mechanics but it won't be 4x.
Mirror drop would still be mathmatically more rare than hitting a lottery jackpot.
And luck will still be the main "skill" required in PoE to hit a T1 drop.

Or you can do the "smart way" like I did for the every single previous leagues... it works but it gets stupidly boring. eg roll a proven efficient and cheap to make build... like arc witch or FB tempelar... 1. Rush to merc dock. 2. Farm fragments 3. Farm Aztiri 4. Sell Atziri uniques and buy w/e you need...

The problem is to do it "smart" is extremely boring and repetitive, and if don't play it smart like most people, and didn't see a blue moon during the 3 month, you are just gonna end the league with crap load of trash uniques some orbs and characters with shit gear... then quit PoE completely until the next league starts... (or you can ofc continue on standard and farm up the 500 exalts or something to have someone mirror you some shit)

Sounds pretty stupid to me.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Nov 23, 2015, 5:33:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info