The M.A.I.N reason why most ppl stay on standard.

So here is my point of view, why most of the players stay on standard and don't even bother to play the leagues..

If i start a new league , i'll need at least 2 weeks to semi- gear up with trash.

And to 6 link an item i will need average about 2 months..

And if i want to get that buildmaking unique ,maybe the league will be over.

So in the end only the lucky ones are satisfied by the leagues..

The rest simply do not enter leagues anymore.

( The above statement is for the average player ,that has a life and work and kids.)
Okay, so what did you have M.A.I.N stand for?
#NeverGoing90
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
Okay, so what did you have M.A.I.N stand for?

The same thing like ,, main ,, but looks cooler :)
If I remember the numbers correctly, new leagues are always more popular than permanent leagues, at least in the first couple of weeks of the league.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U.
If the game company is called "Grinding Gear...." what do some people expect ?
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

I play exclusively hc leagues. Leagues is the best! :)
I always choose some low cost build for the new leagues, as I really enjoy fresh start.

The rest depends of my luck - if I will stick with that build or roll something more expensive.

But having your point of non "no lifer" view in mind - I would really have nothing against 6L to become a bit less hard to get.

Having my chest 6L is just what I find as a sweet spot when I can feel like my build is finished. Things like Voll's Devotion, Windripper, 6L LCoil and such are just something that I can always use when I am back on standard.

I just think that making 6L more accessible will keep casual players longer in the game, season or non season. 2-3 months of play time just for 6 linking the chest just kills all the joy, as you basically have no time to use it before new league starts or you just get bored of your current build.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
So here is my point of view, why most of the players stay on standard and don't even bother to play the leagues..

If i start a new league , i'll need at least 2 weeks to semi- gear up with trash.

And to 6 link an item i will need average about 2 months..

And if i want to get that buildmaking unique ,maybe the league will be over.

So in the end only the lucky ones are satisfied by the leagues..

The rest simply do not enter leagues anymore.

( The above statement is for the average player ,that has a life and work and kids.)

I started the flashback 1 month with a dual flame totem build and then switched it into incinerate totems, which then I switched that into a Mjolner build all within the first 2 weeks and I didnt even find the uniques I bought them all with the currency I had farmed getting to level 85, I found like 2 or 3 pure exalts too. I made around 20 exalts just by doing the chaos recipe. and 5 linked two items(which isnt really that difficult) Dried lake is op:) and if you're able to farm regal recipe thats even more currency lol.
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Nov 22, 2015, 5:06:39 AM
Uhm what? I have never had a 6L ever in more than 2 years of play. I don't count on it, I'm already happy if I can find me a decent 5L.

I exclusively play SC temp leagues. The economy is much more balanced and I like the extra effects added onto them. The first week is indeed a pain, but once you have 1 character at around lvl 70-ish, you have enough to start a next one.
Great PoE utilities!
Aura Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Vorici Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
One-shot calculator: https://goo.gl/IJhYDx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info