ITT we guess what Scion's Ascendancy class will be like

I was curious to see what others thought on the scion class. I myself was hoping it would be the option to choose from any of the other ascendancy classes. Im glad to see lots of others think so aswell. I think it fits, seeing as the scions passive tree has the ability to take the roll of any of the other 6 classes. The main reason im hoping she can use any ascendancy class is that I have recently deleted my shadow trapper to make a scion trapper because it was a much better place to start for what I was doing with the tree. This was before many of the ascendancy classes were revealed, and I was quite frustrated upon discovering the trapper ascendancy class for the shadow :(
If the Scion Ascendancy involves other Ascendancies in any way, I'll stream myself eating a mustard and Tabasco sauce sandwich. Extra Tabasco.

Because ain't gonna happen.

I'm now pretty sure it'll involve some form of passive tree teleportation. Basically, the Scion Ascendancy will be "I don't need an Ascendancy, gimme more passive tree."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2016, 8:23:00 PM
I can see it going possible routes... but this is speculation for all we know it could be something totally different.

- Jewel Socket as Passive Notables
- Reduced Attribute Requirements on the Minor Passive Points
- Plus Skill Levels to Skill Gems in [Armor Slots] as Passive Notables
- Mana Reduction/Reservation Passive Notables
- %Bonuses to aspd/cspd/dmg for Minor Passive Points.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
@Scrotie

Plausible but she already has "more passive tree". Which makes it "more more passive tree" and that's dull, no?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If the Scion Ascendancy involves other Ascendancies in any way, I'll stream myself eating a mustard and Tabasco sauce sandwich. Extra Tabasco.

Sorry, quoting this for evidence, just in case it happens :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Boem wrote:

Plausible but she already has "more passive tree". Which makes it "more more passive tree" and that's dull, no?

Possibly, depends on how it was implemented. Regardless of how it was done, it could be nowhere near as dull as "we gave up on our plan to have her Ascendancy tree revolve around tree mastery (as announced) and decided to let her use the Ascendancy trees from the other classes instead" would be.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
^Tree mastery is like "hardcore", just an illusive therm of GGG to indicate they can do whatever the fuck the please with it.

:')

I can think of a few hundreds ways of implementing scion that involves "tree mastery" depending on interpretation.

I wouldn't mind it being what scrotie says, i am sure it has a lot of potential for builds and ultimately that's the important thing for me "how interesting and illusive are the tools i get".

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

I can think of a few hundreds ways of implementing scion that involves "tree mastery" depending on interpretation.

So can we all. It is just that the interpretation "we'll reuse what we developed to be unique for the other classes" is probably the single most boring of all the possible interpretations. :p
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 11, 2016, 6:13:48 AM
True.

Here is one i have been contemplating recently.

-> 5% increased all attributes
-> "back to basics" (str converts to int, int converts to dex, dex converts to str)
-> 5% increased all atributes
-> "nimble constitution" (main attribute increased by 25%, 10% reduced attribute requirement for gems and items)

next route

-> jewel slot
-> "affinity with all things golden" (radius of jewels are expanded to their next size, large gets a 20% increase in radius)
-> jewel slot
-> "child of midas" (jewel attributes are doubled)

next

-> 3%attack/cast speed + 4% movement speed
-> "mastery of secrets" (gems gain 8% additional quality)
-> "the blooming prodigy" ( gems require 25% less attributes, each socketed gem provides 0.5% physical reduction)
-> "Destruction of the senses" (all gems get +1 lvl)

That's as far as i have gotten, no clue how that would play out though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Scion Ascendancy class will actually be 6 new dance moves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info