Need build help, been away a while.

Been working overseas and have not been keeping up with the game. I quit right after VAAL came out.

20ex or legacy aegis to who creates the best build for me. My main is a level 95 scion and this is my gear.

Build must be able to easily clear level 78 maps and be fun for groups. Id prefer not to spectral throw.

Not looking to to gear swap. Build must be life based and use my mirrored dagger.
ign sweetumss
bump
ign sweetumss
b
ign sweetumss
Hi mate

Here is what I propose:
The tree
3 sockets,161% increased life,4.9% life regen,290% increased defense from shield,22% extra block chance.

Bandits:
Oak for +40hp,Oak for +16% physical damage,and Oak for +1 endurance charge.

Skill Setup:
6L Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Hypothermia + Life Leech/Fortify + Melee Physical Damage + Increased AoE/Weapon Elemental Damge/Increased Critical Strikes/Whatever
4L Frenzy + Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
4L CWDT + Immortal Call + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration
4L Hatred + CWDT lv1 + Firestorm lv8 + Blind
3L Vengeance + Endurance Charge On Melee Stun + Arctic Armour
3L Dagger RGB Blood Rage + Increased Duration + Assassin's Mark

Gear:
The build uses what you've shown.The only changes somewhere are sockets colors,but that's affordable I presume.

Usage:
Against packs,curse them by Mark,fire Blood Rage and dive into middle of it using Whirling Blades.That will turn on Fortify buff,and Arctic Armour will leave icy ground.Scream the warcry,then eradicate the pack using Cyclone.Cyclone hits twice per spin,so the 1st hit will turn on chill thanks to Hatred aura,and the 2nd one strikes harder due to Hypothermia.Not assuming an enemy is already chilled because ex standing on ice ground from Arctic Armour.While spinning try to cover an area with ice ground,and don't move outside of it.That will has benefits of slowed enemies,and synergy with Hypothermia.

Against bosses,swap Increased AoE support for Power Charge on Critical/Increased Critical Strikes.Then the fight is very similar,the only difference is that you will use Frenzy to get 4 charges before cycloning.Also always keep up max charges and fortify buff.Spin in close circles around the boss,this way you'll keep him on icy ground.This is especially fun to do against A4 Piety,when you peel her meanwhile easily running away the laser ;]

If something will make it through you block and evasion,and managed to hit you your low level CWDT will fire Firestorm + Blind.That spell thanks to many hits applies blind really well,therefore giving you additional 50% evasion.Because Firestorm is AoE and lasts some time not only the monster who triggered it will be affected,but also those surrounding it,or those who are joining the clash.
Last edited by MasterBLB on Nov 22, 2015, 7:22:28 AM
"
MasterBLB wrote:
Hi mate

Here is what I propose:
The tree
3 sockets,161% increased life,4.9% life regen,290% increased defense from shield,22% extra block chance.

Bandits:
Oak for +40hp,Oak for +16% physical damage,and Oak for +1 endurance charge.

Skill Setup:
6L Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Hypothermia + Life Leech/Fortify + Melee Physical Damage + Increased AoE/Weapon Elemental Damge/Increased Critical Strikes/Whatever
4L Frenzy + Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
4L CWDT + Immortal Call + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration
4L Hatred + CWDT lv1 + Firestorm lv8 + Blind
3L Vengeance + Endurance Charge On Melee Stun + Arctic Armour
3L Dagger RGB Blood Rage + Increased Duration + Assassin's Mark

Gear:
The build uses what you've shown.The only changes somewhere are sockets colors,but that's affordable I presume.

Usage:
Against packs,curse them by Mark,fire Blood Rage and dive into middle of it using Whirling Blades.That will turn on Fortify buff,and Arctic Armour will leave icy ground.Scream the warcry,then eradicate the pack using Cyclone.Cyclone hits twice per spin,so the 1st hit will turn on chill thanks to Hatred aura,and the 2nd one strikes harder due to Hypothermia.Not assuming an enemy is already chilled because ex standing on ice ground from Arctic Armour.While spinning try to cover an area with ice ground,and don't move outside of it.That will has benefits of slowed enemies,and synergy with Hypothermia.

Against bosses,swap Increased AoE support for Power Charge on Critical/Increased Critical Strikes.Then the fight is very similar,the only difference is that you will use Frenzy to get 4 charges before cycloning.Also always keep up max charges and fortify buff.Spin in close circles around the boss,this way you'll keep him on icy ground.This is especially fun to do against A4 Piety,when you peel her meanwhile easily running away the laser ;]

If something will make it through you block and evasion,and managed to hit you your low level CWDT will fire Firestorm + Blind.That spell thanks to many hits applies blind really well,therefore giving you additional 50% evasion.Because Firestorm is AoE and lasts some time not only the monster who triggered it will be affected,but also those surrounding it,or those who are joining the clash.

very interesting I will have to get some of these gems and try it
ign sweetumss
bump, want a build that utilizes dagger crit nodes
ign sweetumss
Iron Reflexes Frost Blades

Frost Blade is mechanically similar to Spectral Throw, except it can take advantage of melee multipliers for the initial hits and has better %dmg base since it doesn't need GMP. Main defenses are Armour/Block, mobility, and freeze from crits. Like the previous suggestion, it takes advantage of %defence from shields, boosting yours from 1094 to 3446 eva (more than a Jade Flask). This gets turned into around 14k armour before any utility flasks. Block is at 36% with access to scion start nodes. Tree + Abyssus + onyx implicit should also cover all attr requirements.

main links

Frost Blade + Multistrike + WED + Fork/Chain/Pierce + Faster Attacks/Hypothermia + Increased Crit Strikes/Dmg
I recommend Fork, for most packs you'll get the best out of Point Blank with it. Entirely up to your playstyle which projectile augmentation you'll want, note that classic LMP works as well. 1 extra red socket needed. Frost Blade mana cost is ~30 when fully linked, easily sustainable with mana leech jewels and Assassin's mark with mana on kill.

auras

Run 1 50% aura (Hatred/Grace) and 1 Herald.

Herald of Ice helps with getting rid of stragglers when shattering pack. Primarily it's used to apply apply curse on hit (Assassin's Mark).
Herald + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + (Mana Leech/Blind)

Alternatively use it to generate Frenzy charges (+ Culling + Ice Bite) instead of Blood Rage

RGB dagger is fairly flexible but not optimal, here's some suggestions
  • Charge Generation: Frenzy + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Power Charge on Crit
  • Defense: Cast when Stunned + Immortal Call + Summon Ice Golem (Cast when stunned works even when blocking)
  • Mobility: Whirling Blade + Fortify + PCoC (not as good without BM/Faster Attack)

Boots have decent colours, easiest update is swap Enduring Cry with Molten Shell. Alternatively, if you put Immortal Call in the dagger, you can use the ever-fun

Vaal Lightning Strike + Multistrike + WED + Increased Duration. It gets three charges, so tag the boss with it and whirl away.

Herald can go in shield in the shield 3L or in a 4L with the other Aura. I highly recommend
Whirling Blade (1/20) + Fortify + Faster Attacks and/or Blood Magic in the helmet. This leaves one item free that you can use for other vaal skills, counter gems, or buffs like blood rage or tempest shield.

Tl;dr:
  • dagger: cws/charges
  • helmet: whirling blades+golem
  • shield: flex
  • chest: frost blades
  • gloves: herald + hatred
  • boots: cwdt/single target

As a final word, if you prefer acrobatics over Iron Reflexes spec out of bottom duelist and the shield nodes Defiance/Command of Steel/Deflection, grab acro+phase and the Heartseeker clusters with the points remaining and Alchemist if you no longer path through the Golem's blood life node. This can also be played as a reave/cyclone tree (the two meta melee skills) by getting rid of the projectile specific Fury Bolts/Sniper notables.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info