Error Status Code: c000009c
Faulting Media Type: 00000003
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Happens pretty frequently when I try to start the game. Sometimes waiting a while solves, sometimes restart or shutting down background programs seem to work, but its been doing this on and off for 4 or 5 months and 2 reformats. Always been able to just wait awhile, but this time its been most of the weekend. Any one have any idea what sort of compatibility issue this be? Thanks in advance.
Win7 ultimate 64bit
8Gb RAM
AMD FX 8150 8 Core 3.6GHz
Geforce GTX 460

Are you running an SSD?

If not, you should defrag the drive and run chkdsk.

That error is usually related to a corrupt pagefile (but not always).

Might also be worth setting the pagefile size to 0, reboot, defrag, then set it back to old settings (this should move the file on the physical disk).

You can also Google search for the exception code c000009c and see if any of those suggestions help.
Hey there TheZilla, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem :(

Definitely try running a Packcheck as Drakier suggested (you can check out how to do this here). If that doesn't work, or the Packcheck crashes with the same error code, you may need to remove your content.ggpk file and download it again. If you do this, it'd be a good idea to back up the new content.ggpk file in case it becomes corrupted again later down the line.

There's an old thread discussing this here (please don't bump this thread, I am merely linking it as a reference).
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info