GGG Hypocrisy

So "classes" were initially made on the same skill tree but at different starting positions so that all characters could become the same build.

But now if I want to make a trapper, I can only do so if I make a Shadow. And that's not a class I like using.

If I want to make a summoner, I can no longer use a Scion and enjoy some elemental resistance nodes.

If I want to make a tanky character, I can no longer just allocate a ton of life/ES, MoM...it has to be either a Marauder or Duelist. Having Fortify up 24/7 sure helps with support gems.

Really GGG? At least tell us that you're willing to change our classes just like you currently change our names.

Edit:

I mean what's the point of making and leveling a character to be something when it'll be rendered useless with this actual class system?

PATH OF EXILE WAS NOT MEANT TO HAVE DIVERSITY DUE TO CLASS, GGG. It was supposed to be something you chose over time with passive points.

Change the system now to something you can choose regardless of your base class.
Last edited by Natharias on Nov 21, 2015, 7:22:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
you still can do a non-shadow trapper. it just wont be very efficient. just like now, if you want to make a mara trapper, you can but it will be very inefficient.

initially PoE was about being class-free, but that was changed at the release, where 'specializations' were introduced (ie you had to specialize in auras/curses/minions, etc) and specific nodes were pushed into specific tree areas.
"
grepman wrote:
you still can do a non-shadow trapper. it just wont be very efficient...

[Removed by Support]

Of course certain classes can do things better than others; STARTING POSITION. But it didn't mean that a class couldn't still make it work.

You can do a trap build without allocating trap nodes. It'll be hell only for one reason, and that's Clever Construction. But there is plenty of damage in the rest of the tree for someone to make it work, with spells or bows.

That's like saying you can't do fireball just because you're a Marauder or Duelist. You have plenty of strength, and Iron Will was buffed so it gives a shit-ton of damage. No it won't be the absolute best, but it's good enough to where it will work and you can have fun with it.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rachel on Nov 21, 2015, 11:13:37 PM
Can you explain the hypocrisy bit a little further? I'm not getting the gist of it from your OP.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1482620/page/1
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1481386/page/1
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1481333

All pointless. And this has taken about eight hours of my time. Not much but it's nothing compared to the other things I've done.
"
Can you explain the hypocrisy bit a little further? I'm not getting the gist of it from your OP.

Nice signature.

So should I bother wasting my time with you or was your signature the waste of time?
Last edited by Natharias on Nov 21, 2015, 7:33:30 PM
I love how you attack every person that post's in your threads.
This seems to be a reoccurring symptom, might wanna get that checked.

As for the topic, so far ascensions have a wide variety of clusters that apply to many different things. So there will certainly be other classes that can abuse a certain sub-set of them to facilitate a trapper.

Sometimes it takes more then simply reading "trapper" and then concluding every other node is worthless for such a build.
It's funny that you mention this as a counter argument to grepman but cant apply the same logic to this sub-class system.

I am sure there is a joke in here somewhere.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Natharias wrote:
"

Nice signature.

So should I bother wasting my time with you or was your signature the waste of time?

Feel free to take offense, it is certainly easier than clarifying your view point.

I've changed my signature, I hate to think that I may have hurt your feelings. Have a hug. And a cookie.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 21, 2015, 7:48:17 PM
"
Boem wrote:
I love how you attack every person that post's in your threads.
This seems to be a reoccurring symptom, might wanna get that checked.

As for the topic, so far ascensions have a wide variety of clusters that apply to many different things. So there will certainly be other classes that can abuse a certain sub-set of them to facilitate a trapper.

Sometimes it takes more then simply reading "trapper" and then concluding every other node is worthless for such a build.
It's funny that you mention this as a counter argument to grepman but cant apply the same logic to this sub-class system.

I am sure there is a joke in here somewhere.

Peace,

-Boem-

No the problem is that these forums have degraded. You're old enough and present enough to know how raics and I used to be and what we are now.

And you attack me the way you claim I simply attack everyone else. If you had read up on the Saboteur (dunno how you got the word trapper from that. Very different spelling) you would know what it has:
"20% faster cooldown recovery speed for throwing traps"
"When your traps trigger, your nearby traps also trigger"
"30% chance when placing mines to place an additional mine"

Yeah. So how would a non-Shadow trapper compare to a Shadow trapper? Right, it wouldn't.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
you still can do a non-shadow trapper. it just wont be very efficient...

Stopped reading there because you missed the entire fucking point, noob.

Of course certain classes can do things better than others; STARTING POSITION. But it didn't mean that a class couldn't still make it work.

You can do a trap build without allocating trap nodes. It'll be hell only for one reason, and that's Clever Construction. But there is plenty of damage in the rest of the tree for someone to make it work, with spells or bows.

That's like saying you can't do fireball just because you're a Marauder or Duelist. You have plenty of strength, and Iron Will was buffed so it gives a shit-ton of damage. No it won't be the absolute best, but it's good enough to where it will work and you can have fun with it.

Try reading and comprehending next time.
I read and comprehended your point just fine

you said, "But now if I want to make a trapper, I can only do so if I make a Shadow"

that is simply false. you'll still be able to make a trapper as any other class. you just wont be able to access things in the saboteur sub-tree. which is suboptimal, but not the end of the world. that doesnt mean you'd be prohibited from making a marauder trapper at all, just like you are not now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info