GGG, Why do I have to play Witch if I want to be a summoner?

Not to mention, there was never any reason to make a non-witch summoner to begin with.

Both traditional summoners and SRS builds have always been most efficient from the witch start. This literally changes nothing for anyone that cares about efficiency. People that aren't concerned with efficiency have no grounds to complain to begin with.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Why would you NOT wanna be a witch as a summoner is the question? I mean I guess you can technically ''cripple'' your self by doing another class. Only a Scion can compete in terms well actually being a decent summoner.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Lets be honest, the game will be balanced around character using subclass bonuses, making it very underwhelming to not use one. So this force people to get one, adapted to their build, which then forces you to go for a specific class (lol what happens if you started your build not knowing that the three subsclass will not be appropriate for your build?), and in the end will it will only do one thing : close many many doors...

Not long time ago GGG was advertising this game as the game where you can play a two handed melee witch. Now its one skill, one class.

Technically you are right. With the new subclass system, People would have to pick character more appropriate for their build. It doesn't mean such issue doesn't exist before, it just mean the gap between characters just got wider. On one hand, you get pigeonhole into certain character. On the other hand, character are more distinctly different from one another.
"
Zephryl wrote:
Seems to be the theme of the moment; People overlooking the fact that you don't have to use the Subclasses nodes for their first-glance use. Witch's Summoner Sub-class has Nodes that benefit a lot of non-summoner builds, as other people mentioned you get Summoner benefits on other Subclasses.

Yes, you might get more bang for your buck as a Witch Summoner than Duelist, but, that's kind of how the class system already works. You can play any archetype as any class, but, some are just better at it than others.

This.
Balance is an illusion, exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info