GGG, Why do I have to play Witch if I want to be a summoner?

Lets be honest, the game will be balanced around character using subclass bonuses, making it very underwhelming to not use one. So this force people to get one, adapted to their build, which then forces you to go for a specific class (lol what happens if you started your build not knowing that the three subsclass will not be appropriate for your build?), and in the end will it will only do one thing : close many many doors...

Not long time ago GGG was advertising this game as the game where you can play a two handed melee witch. Now its one skill, one class.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Nov 21, 2015, 5:12:25 PM
There are still 9 sub classes left to reveal I think? maybe one of those will have some summoner nodes.
whats preventing you from making a marauder summoner if you want to be a snowflake?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
you're doomsday saying without the full knowledge of either patch 2.1 or 2.2, and 2.2 is still months away. Its like saying that you could put out a grease fire with water due to someone's limited knowledge, when in reality it will only make it worse. just wait for 2.2 patch notes to be out before saying this.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Lets be honest, the game will be balanced around character using subclass bonuses, making it very underwhelming to not use one. So this force people to get one, adapted to their build, which then forces you to go for a specific class (lol what happens if you started your build not knowing that the three subsclass will not be appropriate for your build?), and in the end will it will only do one thing : close many many doors...

Not long time ago GGG was advertising this game as the game where you can play a two handed melee witch. Now its one skill, one class.

good, i'm sick of the game having only 3 classes with a few different skins
Tell me where are those doors now?
Three bow builds that start from Ranger, Duelist and Shadow are almost identical at lv95 = many doors?
I think you must have three or four front doors in your house so that you can enter that house in many many different ways.
There are already some sub classes outside of witch which provide benefits to minions. Just because it doesn't say "Minion" doesn't mean you can't use it on minions, they are allies too.

Templar gets permanent consecrated ground effect without having to sacrifice armor slot, which is a very powerful regen effect, not to mention 50% reduced mana cost is extremely beneficial to a summoner when your pushing 90-95% reserved mana.

Of course, people are always going to complain because they want the ease of use of cookie cutter builds just laid out for them. POE is anything but.
"
Asmosis wrote:
There are already some sub classes outside of witch which provide benefits to minions. Just because it doesn't say "Minion" doesn't mean you can't use it on minions, they are allies too.

Templar gets permanent consecrated ground effect without having to sacrifice armor slot, which is a very powerful regen effect, not to mention 50% reduced mana cost is extremely beneficial to a summoner when your pushing 90-95% reserved mana.

Of course, people are always going to complain because they want the ease of use of cookie cutter builds just laid out for them. POE is anything but.

Exactly. I pointed out in another thread how the Champion subclass for Duelist can be used if you wanted a Duelist summoner.

6 points total:
Path to "Inspirational" node (2 pts) gives:
30% inc dmg to yourself and allies (hence party members AND minions)
5% movement speed to yourself and allies
15% inc evasion and armor
5% inc effect of auras (which boosts your auras a bit, as a summoner)

Path to "Unstoppable Hero" and "Fortitude" nodes (4 pts) gives:
Permanent Fortify (?)
30% inc evasion and armor
20% inc Fortify effect (making Fortify give 24% damage reduction on your summoner)
10% attack speed
8% movement speed

So it looks like it can be a tanky summoner (that may even use melee skills!) to fight alongside the minions you have with you.

Basically, you just have to use your creativity like usual to make your build work. I'm sure new, fun builds will pop up due to these new subclasses.
Last edited by Hlifhildr on Nov 21, 2015, 7:48:50 PM
In what lore does a Templar,Duelist,Ranger,Shadow or Marauder type class specialize in summoning zombies,spectre's.corpses,? I would imagine not much. Perhaps there is room for the Templar to go into dark magic for a sub class.

Also, aren't you jumping the gun a bit with only half of the sub classes revealed?
Seems to be the theme of the moment; People overlooking the fact that you don't have to use the Subclasses nodes for their first-glance use. Witch's Summoner Sub-class has Nodes that benefit a lot of non-summoner builds, as other people mentioned you get Summoner benefits on other Subclasses.

Yes, you might get more bang for your buck as a Witch Summoner than Duelist, but, that's kind of how the class system already works. You can play any archetype as any class, but, some are just better at it than others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info