Messed up big sale ... what's your biggest trade mistake?

"
Psyonix wrote:
Yesterday, I sold 78 fuses at a ratio of 2:1 chaos (in standard). Then I saw WTB notice for someone offering an exalt for the SAME quantity. -_-

I have a very similar story, but mine is due to my own stupidity.

I had around 700 fusings to sell. Normally I would have traded for exalts, but I was completed out of chaos, so I was determined to find a good ratio on fuse:chaos.

I was half distracted: watching TV and sitting in trade chat. After seeing many many people offering 3f:2c, I spotted one for 2f:1c. I jumped on that deal so quickly and promptly traded away my 700 fusings for 350 chaos. The instant I accepted the trade, I realized I had the ratios backwards in my head, and I had just lost over 100 chaos in that transaction.

Sure taught me for next time though...
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
The only context I've seen bro used in a way that isn't condescending is "hey bro!" Even then it's fucking obnoxious and makes me uncomfortable. I don't trust or like people who act like they're everyone's bestest buddy.

it's like men in England call each other mate, even to people who aren't their actual mates.

it's like younger men in France calling each other, mec

men in Mexico calling eaching other wey.

just different words meaning the same thing for different cultures.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
I put my voll's devotion divination card, with all the other divination cards I had, in a 5c buyout tab with some rare jewels that weren't very special. Someone messaged me pretty quick. I was always annoyed when someone put a buyout on something and when I messaged them, they respond by saying they aren't selling at that price and give me some other high price.

So I decided to just eat the loss. At the time, I should have realize that the card was worth 2-3 ex, but in my mind, I was thinking that maybe i lost 5-10c of value. I'm not sure why I didn't realize how much I was losing on the deal.

Oh well. I had a Shav's drop a few days or weeks after. Also two 6-links within one map dropped after that as well. Good times.
Last edited by PritzlPoppers on Nov 25, 2015, 11:52:18 AM
"
Nick42 wrote:
"
Psyonix wrote:
Yesterday, I sold 78 fuses at a ratio of 2:1 chaos (in standard). Then I saw WTB notice for someone offering an exalt for the SAME quantity. -_-

I have a very similar story, but mine is due to my own stupidity.

I had around 700 fusings to sell. Normally I would have traded for exalts, but I was completed out of chaos, so I was determined to find a good ratio on fuse:chaos.

I was half distracted: watching TV and sitting in trade chat. After seeing many many people offering 3f:2c, I spotted one for 2f:1c. I jumped on that deal so quickly and promptly traded away my 700 fusings for 350 chaos. The instant I accepted the trade, I realized I had the ratios backwards in my head, and I had just lost over 100 chaos in that transaction.

Sure taught me for next time though...

Ouch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info