Messed up big sale ... what's your biggest trade mistake?

"
SirSid wrote:
IDK what it is about the use of the word "Bro" that just grinds my last nerve but it dose piss me off .

I mean a person could use any other form of slang in place of that word , even things that are very ofensive to me personaly and it dose not bug me to the same degre.

Hell even useing the word brother dose not bother me , i know lots of old bikers who call each other brother. But it's just not the same as Bro , something about the word Bro makes me want to jump through my monitor and beat the person on the other end .

I think we have to admit we are getting old .

...you mad bro?

I couldn't help it!
you mad bro?
Domine Non Es Dignus
they tried giving me mephistos soul stone instead of anni 3 days ago
"
SirSid wrote:
IDK what it is about the use of the word "Bro" that just grinds my last nerve but it dose piss me off .

Kind words lost their meaning long time ago.

Nowdays when people want to fuck you over something they are using verbal lubricants such as "bro", "mate" or "buddy" to ease the pain so they will be able to do it again if the chance comes their way.

Sold a really great armor chest in Tempest HC for only 3ex. I probably could have got way more but 3 ex was a lot of currency for me at the time.

I found (or crafted... can't remember) an Astral Plate with 10% to all res, plus fire, cold, and lightning res @ about 30 to 40+ each, increased armor and % armor for 1500+ armor total, and 103 life. And I 5-Linked it, manually and got 3 off-colors or so on it. I probably spent 3ex crafting it.

Anyhow, with the proceeds I was able to get a Taryn's Shiver for my Witch and 5L it, an Infernal Mantle for my dual Flame Totem guy and 5L it, and a 5L Kingsguard for my Discharge guy. So, it worked out. And someone got some badass armor. :)
Last edited by Siegelayer on Nov 22, 2015, 12:33:58 AM
Funny story, also, very true, Serleth can confirm

I had 2 shavs drop, each different league, one was in standard, the other one was in rampage

I sold the standard one for 60 ex, coz, standard

I was a retard and sold the rampage one for 60 ex, ooooooh boy the party filled up incredibly quick, like boom, full party, people asking "come a1n come a1n" and im like WOOO easy money!

Next think i knew, rampage shavs were 90 ex :/

RIP 30 ex

:(
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Funny story, also, very true, Serleth can confirm

I had 2 shavs drop, each different league, one was in standard, the other one was in rampage

I sold the standard one for 60 ex, coz, standard

I was a retard and sold the rampage one for 60 ex, ooooooh boy the party filled up incredibly quick, like boom, full party, people asking "come a1n come a1n" and im like WOOO easy money!

Next think i knew, rampage shavs were 90 ex :/

RIP 30 ex

:(

Whoa that's a rarity a league surpassed standard...I played that league and I don't even remember that so I guess simple mistake.

My worst trade I guess would have to be
It was the 1st month they were released with speculation they would be legacy...I paid all my savings of like 1 year of playing--3 mirrors for them from Ventor himself :D (2 mirror+90ex which was price of mirror at the time)

(they are now 75ex 1/6 mirror)

I guess its a Kull story though? :D
I stayed up all night trying to get this trade to happen, and I had a few people I was talking to - the guy finally got on, but I had a second trade I was waiting for also - 1 item was like 1 ex - the other item like 4.

I paid the cheap item guy 4 EX, cause I spaced out and was tired.

of course, he disappeared and logged off instantly.
I had my first and only mjölner drop a while back. Prices had come down slightly at the time and the cheapest on poe.trade was 30 ex. That was way more than I had ever sold an item for so I was keen to unload it asap (since I had no interest in using it).

I put it up for 29ex and after 4 days, had no bites. On a whim, I offered it in trade chat for 27ex and had someone quickly offer 23. I dropped to 25 and they countered with 24 and wouldn't move. I was about to take it, but someone else jumped in and offered the 27ex straight up. Sweet I thought. Checked poe.trade an hour later and sure enough, there it was for 30ex. 36 hours later, the announcement about drop rates hit and prices plummeted :).
You should keep it in mind that there are vast cultural plus personal differences in the approach to trade negotiations and haggling around the world. In some cultures and for some people, if they don't have a long, hard haggling session, they are disappointed. They don't simply take it as normal, but as a desirable and enjoyable part of negotiations.

Then there are some other cultures and people which view things differently. You said you reach for gunpowder when you hear 'bro'. Well, I reach for the fucking ax when someone starts haggling with me. I need an active effort to regulate my breathing and still my thoughts to not enrage when someone does that. And I have backed out of many deals, both to my and the other party's detriment, because the other guy haggled. I find haggling offensive and extremely distasteful.

Now, if someone says "sorry, but your price is too low / too high, it has to be this or that to make it work", that's all right. People have different views on what a price should be and that's fine. But when I offer a fair price for an item and the other guy says "make it [fair price] +1" simply because they are trying to milk a little more out of the deal, or when I list a 20 chaos item at 16 b/o and someone says "will you accept 15", I lose any desire to trade with that person.

Anyway, I hope that provided some perspective. When you attempt to milk more out of a deal, there's always a possibility of failing it. This might be an emotional reaction of the other party which is difficult for you to understand if you're more of a pragmatic type, but this makes it no less valid, just different.

p.s. bro also triggers me pretty hard and always has. I don't think it's an age thing.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 22, 2015, 5:29:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info