Messed up big sale ... what's your biggest trade mistake?

"salty"

like wtf is salty sounds really dumb

by the way you even lift bro?
"
CaoMengde wrote:
i hate the word "mobs" .. first seen it after minecraft...
1 monster is not a mob >< , in minecraft they spawn as a pack aka a mob

Oh... ^^' I am not a native English speaker so i was sure it's just kind of shorter synonym for "monster". You know, you don't know a word but people tend to use it everywhere and you guess its meaning from the context. Another new word for me was "vendor" used by my German friends as both noun and verb. I didn't know it's wrong till I read about "to vend" in the PoE forums.

I hate these bro things too. It's acceptable when my PoE friends use it but, hell, if I've never spoken to someone, I am neither "bro", nor "his friend". Just buy my item you lowballed, "bro", and go away.

As for trades, my biggest mistakes was probably selling cheap things to flippers and good-deal-hunters after big changes announcemets, like change of uniques' tiers or selling rares for people's offers without checking poe.xyz. But well, there are times when I am not motivated enough to trade much and even this chaos for 5c boots is one chaos better than not selling them.

I had few deals like you when I didn't agree to sell an item for lower price and was wondering if I didn't make a mistake, but it was often for the better. Didn't sell it today - may sell it tomorrow..
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
To be honest, it was possible you weren't going to close the deal anyway. The guy could be just checking to see how low you could go while he PMed many other traders who had the same item with different rolls and prices. In the end he would settle for the best cost/benefit which might or might not have been your item. The fact that he didn't meet halfway with you and agreed on 14ex kind of corroborates what I'm saying.

So you actually didn't have 13ex in the hand. Or at least you can't know for sure.

You were willing to give a discount, just not as much as the guy proposed, so I'd say you were doing good trading.

thx this and many other kind responses have cheered me up about this.

TYVM

Turnip

'u mad?' would annoy me too.
I had a taste of hate on tempest league back when they were ~9ex each. I was really poor, so selling that was about the only way I was going to have money to buy some good gear.

There were a couple on poe trade for as low as 8, but none of them were ever online. So a guy offers me 8ex, and I counter with 8.5. He says no to 8.5, and I say no to 8. Then another guy offers 8ex, and I say no again.

The next day, GGG anounces that they're buffing the drop rate of rare uniques by x4. FFFFFUUUU... So now I'm desperately trying to sell it for 8ex before the price falls through the floor. Of course now that people know this, no one is buying them. Ughh... I think I ended up getting 6-7 for it in the end.
There was a bow on Standard I really wanted to buy. I was selling a pretty expensive item, and undercut myself by 20ex because I wanted that bow NOW.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
CaoMengde wrote:
i hate the word "mobs" .. first seen it after minecraft...
1 monster is not a mob >< , in minecraft they spawn as a pack aka a mob

lol people have said its from some tabletop games or something meaning "mobile"
but i never heard it til minecraft so whatever...

lol its just weird

or whats really lame is "u mad bro" or "u mad?" or "y so serious"
i dont know where that BS comes from but its lame as shit

"Mobs" has been around a lot longer than that, I remember it being common 16 years ago in Everquest and in every online RPG I've played since. It's short for "mobile", originating I guess at a time when mobile enemies were novel.

For some reason the term "toon" to describe a character always irked me.
Never hesitate a trade is usually my signature line.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 21, 2015, 10:12:11 PM
I was buying The Oculus and they closed the trade window and swapped it for a swirling crystal without me checking again. The oldest trick in the book.

The amusing thing was that afterward, I complimented him for tricking me and he sold it to me properly for considerably less.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
I was buying The Oculus and they closed the trade window and swapped it for a swirling crystal without me checking again. The oldest trick in the book.

The amusing thing was that afterward, I complimented him for tricking me and he sold it to me properly for considerably less.

HAH I remember that scam I fell for it too cuz I was a greedy douche granted I was young. I wanted a Shako and the person put emerald gems in the BASE art of it. Obviously I fell for it but I learned a lot from it so I sorta was a bit thankful.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 21, 2015, 10:20:53 PM
IDK what it is about the use of the word "Bro" that just grinds my last nerve but it dose piss me off .

I mean a person could use any other form of slang in place of that word , even things that are very ofensive to me personaly and it dose not bug me to the same degre.

Hell even useing the word brother dose not bother me , i know lots of old bikers who call each other brother. But it's just not the same as Bro , something about the word Bro makes me want to jump through my monitor and beat the person on the other end .

I think we have to admit we are getting old .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info