Messed up big sale ... what's your biggest trade mistake?

So I have this

That I'm trying to sell for 15 ex and this guy offers me 13.
So I say how about 14
And he goes away and 'thinks' IE goes to Poe trade - I've checked it and fifteen seems like a good price, but now I'm thinking i had 13ex in the
hand and was greedy and went for 14 ex. So anyways I relented and offered the 13 for it.

Then I get:

'Too late now bro'

I don't know when this 'bro' thing started, but when someone calls me bro and backs out of a deal, I want to reach for gunpowder.

This guy disappears and I lose my 13ex.

Now I'm trying for 15.

So tell me your stories of bunked, messed up and downright moronic trades to cheer me up as I can
see that 13ex sparkling in my stash ... but alas.

And if you see me in-game, I'm happy with dude, bloke, man, fella, moron or fool but please please for the love of god
don't call me bro.

In before

'Cool story bro.'

Turnip
Actually means you're doing something right if you miss a sale every now and then.

Don't get pissed if people call you "bro". It's a regional thing.
Thanks for that. I do like to haggle and I LOVE trading in poe - sometimes its the most exciting part to get a good sale.
Coming from diablo 3 where there isn't any. I almost see trading like a skill in iteslf and it's actually as difficult as any other part of he game.

I think you're right about sometimes missing a deal aint so bad. You need to negotiate.

BTW is 'bro' regional thing? I thought it was gaming parlance. Which region?

btw - your response cheered me up.

Turnip
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Nov 21, 2015, 12:30:55 PM
"
This guy disappears and I lose my 13ex.

You cant lose something you never had
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Thats actually true - but I felt I had it ...
'Bro' is pretty common word for americans at least.

The word I personally hate is "lel". To me, it's like preteen kids trying to sound cool while making themselves look incredibly stupid. It's not an acronym, it has no actual meaning and I just want to punch people in the face every time I see someone using it.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
lel or lol?
i hate the word "mobs" .. first seen it after minecraft...
1 monster is not a mob >< , in minecraft they spawn as a pack aka a mob

lol people have said its from some tabletop games or something meaning "mobile"
but i never heard it til minecraft so whatever...

lol its just weird

or whats really lame is "u mad bro" or "u mad?" or "y so serious"
i dont know where that BS comes from but its lame as shit
Last edited by CaoMengde on Nov 21, 2015, 2:08:49 PM
To be honest, it was possible you weren't going to close the deal anyway. The guy could be just checking to see how low you could go while he PMed many other traders who had the same item with different rolls and prices. In the end he would settle for the best cost/benefit which might or might not have been your item. The fact that he didn't meet halfway with you and agreed on 14ex kind of corroborates what I'm saying.

So you actually didn't have 13ex in the hand. Or at least you can't know for sure.

You were willing to give a discount, just not as much as the guy proposed, so I'd say you were doing good trading.
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Nov 21, 2015, 2:30:53 PM
Mostly East Coast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info