RANGER ASCENSION SUB-CLASSES

Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 12, 2016, 1:00:28 PM
Agreed on duelist having insane sub classes. Permanent fortify bow build = new meta?
IRL stuff
dude, that gladiator for duelist is insane. 100% block chance applied to spells? holy fricking shit.

deadeye looks pretty badass to me. some really good specs. additional arrow? skill chain? sadly it looks as though it will all benefit caustic arrow more than anything, depending on how that gets changed. but if it continues to scale with projectile damage, ya i can see that getting crazy with far shot and endless munitions

what i dislike about these frickin sub-classes in general is it really limits builds. i was planning on respec'ing one of my rangers into a regen whore RF user with blade vortex/EK casting. but the sub-classes will not at all benefit this.
except deadeye class could be used with EK. EK doesn't state in character sheet that it has a 100% pierce chance but you can still add pierce chance and its a projectile, meaning it should benefit from the added crit chance from deadeye tree. could be real easy to spec out a crit EK ranger.
i'll have to look into this further.

otherwise i don't see the point to making my planned character from ranger anymore. i love ranger tho. the starting tree is still extremely powerful, but at this rate i might as well go with duelist and grab up the block specs since i'd be using a rise of the phoenix.

it just seems really dumb to me how they'd take almost unlimited possibilities from every class then decide to limit them.
actually i do like the raider tree quite a bit. won't help a ton for my proposed build but it will be utilizing that tree for the additional frenzy point and onslaught (cast speed)
Yeah Gladiator's block is pretty insane.

For Deadeye - I think most people running crit bows already have high clear speed (i.e. one-shotting packs) so the extra chain for Ricochet I don't see being that attractive.

I too think this limits build options but I believe it is best to wait to see the new tree and the remaining classes. For example, I have been making a phys bow Witch build, but unless the other 2 Witch sub-classes can add something interesting for a bow build (flask buffs / freeze etc.) then it won't make sense vs. going Ranger Deadeye.

About your crit EK ranger - check the discussion on Feedback forums on Deadeye. Even though it says "arrow pierce chance" adding pierce to EK will still get the bonus.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 24, 2015, 1:16:29 AM
well the ricochet path doesn't affect crit, but will add damage and the chain effect, so it will be useful for everybody including crit builds, although ya not necessary for crit builds that already one shot everything.

honestly i may bypass or at least put on hold my poison arrow build (its just so boring to play) and continue to roll my lightning arrow/three dragons freeze machine. on that build i'll most definitely spec Far Shot (as will probably every range ever) and i'll have to see how Ricochet works.
if ricochet allows any skill to chain one time, then i'll spec that with my LA build. but if it only adds a third chain when you already have chain socketed, then i'll spec endless munitions

either way im actually really looking forward to this. so far you're right, we don't have any defense, but by specing full offense you can use your entire passive tree for defense.

just figure a point blank crit build with chin sol, point blank, powerful precision (and whatever else). you could ramp up the damage like crazy without anything added from passive tree, just those things and other support gems
I'm no fan of ricochet, just like the splash from Slayer's impact. I like my single target to remain single. Imagine doing a Vorici mission with keep all guards alive with any of these mods, or Atziri split phase with your ricochet hitting the mirror split. It's just no way for me.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I love the Frenzy spec, will take that for sure and ramp to 10 max charges (insane with Blood Dance).
Other than that I think I'll grab onslaught, just to increase dps a bit.
actually i know another build im going to look into doing. a tanky crit RoA build, with point blank, conc effect, and powerful precision being the keys to damage. will run it off a chin sol too.

the damage will be attained by auras (probably just hatred), support gems and the more damage factors from conc effect, point blank, chin sol. i'll basically spec some crit (enough to get around 50% crit rate) and rest hp and movement speed/evasion.
i'll probably run a drillneck and throw pierce in there sinc eyou'll get a bonus to crit and damage that way (by spec'd into powerful precision). yup yup, this build will work nicely with that sub-class tree
Max frenzy charges is now 11 I believe. Which would be insane with the new Quicksilver unique flask for those with a dedicated Frenzy attack. Combined with the other Onslaught nodes you will probably be able to maintain permanent Onslaught.

Still, Onslaught itself seems weak, I have never really noticed the effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info