FPS dropped from 200+ to 120 and under.... for good

Had a great week of gaming 200+ fps on high settings. Then in game I noticed stutters so I drop my settings low because of the big party... My Fps dropped 100-120 in town then 20-40 while farming lake with the party ON ALL LOW/NO SHADOW.
So now Im stuck in Act4 underleveled its too much of an eye sore to try leveling.
This low fps thing is not dependant on graphics settings or if its the steam or non steam version.

I have a 880m and both versions of PoE (steam/non)
Yeah ohhhh yeah pop that thang for Kuduku.
While this might not solve your problem, why are you wanting 200fps? What is the refresh rate of your monitor?

If your monitor can only display 75fps and you're pushing 200+, you're putting undo strain on your video card and system and adding heat which actually all shorten the lifespan of your components.

I'd find your refresh rate and then set an appropriate frame-limit to match. You'll get smoother gameplay as well as not overwork your components (assuming you haven't already broke something).

You said it was an 880m which worries me because that means it's mobile and laptops have notorious issues with overheating and breaking.

Hopefully it's not too late.
Don't spread misinformation.

Playing on high FPS is fine as long the memory load and temperatures are in check.

The reason Laptop GPUs easily break is that Gaming isn't supported on Laptops by most games(creating huge load) and the copper tubes don't create a proper temperatue gradient.

His issues are likely to be tied to the common PoE engine problems aka MTX in town and skill spam in Party.
When he played on 200 FPS he was likely soloing.

This problem only started when you dropped your settings from the PoE options menu, and not after any windows/driver updates correct?

The stutters and huge FPS loss make me wonder if you somehow have two video cards sharing the load, and something made the game think the integrated card would be best to use, rather than the dedicated 880M, or the slower one is just throwing the timing of everything off. Does it still only give 40FPS solo?

What is your Laptop's model number? Please run dxdiag for us, Save All Information... and paste it on pastebin.com and link it here.

What are the settings you changed low, and what happens when you turn everything back to high? Windowed/Fullscreen? Game resolution?

Are you using lockstep network mode?
Last edited by ionface on Nov 23, 2015, 5:36:12 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
His issues are likely to be tied to the common PoE engine problems aka MTX in town and skill spam in Party.
When he played on 200 FPS he was likely soloing.

He's got a character up to 75, it seems strange that he would so suddenly be impacted by this. It's possible that he just started playing in a party, though if that is the case it seems strange that he didn't mention it specifically.

On thing I would do is to have GPUz running in a side panel, and confirm that the GPU clocks cycle up while in game. It would be a good idea to know more about what the GPU is doing while in game.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
The skillspam only starts at later levels and most players idle in Act3/Act4 merciless if not in their hideouts.

If GGG introduced an unique that spams low level skills all over the place, it would be "no mjölner" like parties all over the place.
"
While this might not solve your problem, why are you wanting 200fps? What is the refresh rate of your monitor?

I have a 144hz monitor but the reason I want 200 fps is because my current build is a summoner + act4 merciless = Beautiful chaos that drops my frame rate into the 20s!

"
On thing I would do is to have GPUz running in a side panel

Thanks gonna get on that now.

Ionface, I cannot change my network option it is set to Predictive (Auto)

GPU-Z said my 880m spiked up to 20% gpu load just idling in PoE.

This screen shot is on lowest settings at only 50 fps.

Spoiler

http://pastebin.com/X0tLzYVN <-- Dxdia
Yeah ohhhh yeah pop that thang for Kuduku.
Last edited by canaan7 on Nov 29, 2015, 12:45:04 AM
"
canaan7 wrote:
I have a 144hz monitor but the reason I want 200 fps is because my current build is a summoner + act4 merciless = Beautiful chaos that drops my frame rate into the 20s!

I'd suggest turning on Vsync, locking the maximum fps to the maximum refresh rate of your monitor. There's not much point forcing your GPU to render frames at a rate your monitor can't display.

When a lot of effects are rendered on screen, does the GPU load increase as you'd expect?

Your latency is not so hot. Could you post some WinMTR results? It may not be related to your fps issues, but no harm in trying to help you get the best possible gaming experience, yes?
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info