Afraid of the new Expansion

I really don't worry about classes. What really worries me is that I do not see any reference in this new expansion about the promised new trading system, and not even something as important as a simple combat log that just tell us what's what killed us.

I see new things but I don't see improvement of old things that are really bad...

I know this is free, but I just wanted know what is the excuse.

EDIT:

January 15, 2014
"
Chris wrote:
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Nov 21, 2015, 12:14:39 PM
"
Actkqk wrote:
I really don't worry about classes. What really worries me is that I do not see any reference in this new expansion about the promised new trading system

Please post the link where you were promised a new trading system.
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:
I really don't worry about classes. What really worries me is that I do not see any reference in this new expansion about the promised new trading system

Woah woah do NOT dig in your grave because they did say it I promise you that. Well probably not promised but they did state they were making a system.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

Woah woah do NOT dig in your grave because they did say it I promise you that. Well probably not promised but they did state they were making a system.

They stated that they're working on it, but they did NOT tell us when it will be finished or released.
What killed you is what you were just fighting, no need for a combat log.
Bull crap, with all the stuff flying around on the screen it is pretty hard to figure out what killed me about 1/4 of the time . Short Damage log would be very nice.
Edited the first post to quote Chris (January 2014)...

January 2014 and nothing yet? They did not know how do it or were just nice words?
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:12:43 PM
The only thing I want is training dummies available from the masters.

A combat log would be ok. But far from necessary.

A offline trade system is just asking for trouble.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Projects can get out of hand really easily... particularly projects with contradictory goals. They want to make trading easier and more fun. That's impossible.

Any "easy" system is going to be so full of items that trading wont make sense. Supply is too high, and demand is too low. It would be fine for many sub-markets, like luxury items, but for the basic game it would be a disaster.

Any "fun" system will have to have players rewarded for trading. Guess what... not everyone can be rewarded in a trading sim. You need worker-bees. Once trading gets to be fun, everyone wants to do it... and that can't work. You need buyers for the sellers to have fun.

What would I do? I'd add an email like system where you could send trade offers by email and respond to them when you felt like it.

1) Player A sends a short note to player B with an item attached to it for trade. The item is greyed out in Player A's stash and cannot be moved or interacted with while it's in trade. Player A can cancel the trade at any time.

2) Player B responds to A with either a rejection ending the trade or an offer for A's item. At this point B's item gets greyed out as well and can't be interacted with. A or B can end the trade at this point and have their item restored.

3) Player A can accept the trade or reject it at this point. If it's accepted and the item fits in the former item's location, it's placed there otherwise it's placed in a remove only tab.

Sites like PoE.xyz would still be used to set up trades, but there would be an ingame method that wouldn't remove the "interaction" part of the trade and wouldn't be as intrusive on play as the current method would. It wouldn't be easy enough to ruin trading... players would still have to manage their trades. It might be fun. Dunno. Still wouldn't trade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info