(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

Hello! I wanted to use your character to farm lowlvl maps (t1-t3 or so) with as much IIQ and IIR as i can get(without spending like 20EX xD)@ Breach league. Which items would you suggest? Thank you for your help and thanks for your AWESOME!! guide :-)
"
demopolos wrote:
"
Somnuse wrote:

Awesome. Thanks a lot man. My amulet is so close to being godly. If only that Life Leech was HP, but the Leech doesn't hurt. With 80 STR on that amulet it's still giving me a good chunk of HP and damage. I thought about going for a res/attributes/life/t1 phys/leech neck but it might be costly.

Will definitely look into buying a bigger tougher shield, that one was only a Chaos and I haven't given it much attention. I definitely need to do labs and get some decent enchants on my gear.

Thanks again for the suggestions man. I have been trying really hard to gear up this league and can crush most things, I just don't know how this build and my ability will handle Chayula and the Guardians but I am hoping for the best. I would like to attempt Shaper at some point.

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback boss. I value any information and responses you've given.

You're welcome man! Yeah your ammy is really solid. 80 str = 40 flat life and 20 % melee dmg, so it will be very hard to replace. If you've got a bunch of ex to spend you can do better, but otherwise...

You definitely can complete all guardians/shaper with the build. I just did all 4 guardians on 0-1 deaths and I am a pretty bad player! :D

Can't speak to breach as I don't have the time to play this league.

"
Sorry, invested heavily in this build and now tried Tul...and had NO chance whatsoever...so utterly disappointed in this build... Had loads of fun until now. Still I have to conclude: The Shield Charge version might be nice for leveling by killing millions of packs, but even with Conc Effect, capped resis and endgame gear, seems useless as it deals to low damage against breach lords and higher tier bosses.

It takes about ages to just scratch Tul and thus pretty sure, the same applies for all other breach lords, guardians etc. Not positive anything will significantly change at Lv 98, given I manage to level up this high...already saw the limits with a T12 boss before. Didn't manage to kill him as well, just the same as with Tul...Maybe will have to switch to Cyclone after all or scrap the build, which would really hurt given the fun i had with packs and lower tier bosses so far...

The Ancestral Warchief totem btw. is dead all the time in a second. Not really sure if and how it helps with higher lv bosses as it baerly can take any hits. Didn't help me wiht Tul etc. at all.

Izaro: One shot and i was dead on Merciless on the third round. Hardly can imagine facing him in Uber Labyrinth ;-) No face tanking possible whatsoever...if I cannot take him, how can I facetank and kill the Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri etc.

Again: SC version seems to be very limited. So far not seeing the value for killing endgame bosses of hiher levels.

Uhmm... no. You might just be failing because you only have 4 ascendency nodes (just looked at your character)? Your haven't even completed your merciless lab yet. You are missing a huge amount of damage from onslaught/20% cull/15 % radius/20% "more" damage/etc. That is your fault, not the build's.

While the build is not optimized for guardians/shaper (it's min/max around fast farming t15s in 2 mins), it can definitely complete all of this content once you are leveled/geared. I am not a skilled player, and I easily killed all 4 guardians (see videos in OP). Just farm t13-15 with SC till you are happy with your level, then swap to cyclone links (or get a 2nd 6L to swap) for farming guardians/shaper. It only costs a few chromes to recolor so you can freely swap back and forth between the play styles even if you are on a budget.

Your gear is pretty good, you shouldn't be having trouble. Particularly with uber lab... I have gone deathless on about my last 20 runs straight with minimal attention. You are only lvl 83... the difference between level 83 and 93 is 1k+ life (flat life from levels + life in tree). That makes a huge difference for boss farming. If you get to lvl 90 + and swap to cyclone, you will have no trouble with guardians.

"
sknabi wrote:
oi. you must be kidding man.
this build recks bosses. are you serious? but you cant just sit there facetanking damage, you gotta go in and out. I regularly farm breachlords, and have mediocre gear, and this is my first league playing path of exile. :/

^ This. THANK YOU.

Appreciate people who follow the guide sharing their experience. You can take the build very far with even mediocre gear. I was able to kill guardians last league with my unfinished/non-legacy stuff with a simple swap to cyclone.

With my finished setup (7k life +) I can facetank literally all hits from guardians/shaper, with the exception of each of their "slam" attacks (they each have 1). These are predictable with a long wind up, and easy to avoid... almost no builds face tank them. For example with shaper... you can facetank literally everything except his teleport smash thing. Needing to dodge 1 thing from the hardest bosses in the game is appropriate; it would be boring just to stand in place and hold a button. :D

Thanks and sorry for the complaints! Actually I really love your build, just was frustrated as I tried my best to follow your guide, but feel a bit stuck at this point.

Izaro: Tried Merciless Izaro several times, but always died, either because he one shotted me or when i ran around trying to avoid his attacks, as facetanking didn't work with him. This is why i was trying to get to a higher level with more life, otherwise I don't see how I can defeat him.

Also will try the swapping solution with Cyclone. Can't hurt experimenting a bit.

Welcoming any additional suggestions you can make!

Thanks for your time and effort you put into the guide and your support!

Do you see a way to make Ancestral Warchief last longer? With stronger bosses it is killed with one hit. At least this was the case with Tul. Also am a bit limited because of issues with INT. Had to add a jewel containing it, couldn't get it on other gear, without facing an impact on other important stats.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to improve the gear in Breach league? Should i get more strength and if so how much (without sacrificing other important stats)?

Thanks!
Does a lvl 21 Hatred give more damage than a lvl 20 Hatred?
Hello thanks for the build, im enjoying it on breach league.

i'm comfortable with my dps atm, 14k(Inc AOE) in HO with herald and hatred.
32k dps with all buffs (/4frenzy/lionsroar/atziri/Headsman buff/onslaught)
51k dps with conc effect and buffs

was going for 6L astral but luckily 6L a belly at less than 100fuse
still farming for TOH and a better ring
Level 73 and I'm having mana problems.
I have 37% block but I don't see how you accumulate 75% from all your gear.

Am I missing something on how to get 75% block to proc Testudo?

"
DrDraePhD wrote:

Get a jewel with +2 mana gained per enemy hit and mana leech on it and never look back. The dream is obviously Life, mana leech, mana gained, and offensive but you can settle for just life + 2x mana.

The mana gained per enemy hit probably isn't even necessary, but I like it just to be safe and it also lets you charge around somewhat recklessly into groups of enemies as it will kick in way quicker than regular old leech.

Gotta say to the OP this is an absolutely beautiful build and I really enjoyed playing around with it. I only played around with it briefly before deciding to go all in on my fire cyclone build but that was only because I felt like I wouldn't get to maximize fire cyclone in the future due to Breech uniques becoming a lot harder to obtain, whereas this build will always be do-able.

Barring some crazy inspiration from new uniques, this will definitely be my starting build for next season -- just loads of fun and very efficient.

To anyone complaining about damage output, you really gotta get the most out of your phys rolls. Max out your resists from chest/shield/boots/belt and do yourself a favor and just buy a steel ring for 14c and hit it with a deafening essence of contempt (20c) and boom, if you don't have life on it, craft it unless you were insanely unlucky. Also don't shirk on those neck physical rolls, make sure you get something like 15-26 or higher.
Last edited by Anbokr on Jan 1, 2017, 12:56:05 AM
"
Get a jewel with +2 mana gained per enemy hit and mana leech on it and never look back.

I shall take this advice. Thank you, @Anbokr.

And OP, I am very thankful for this build. :D

Edit: *Update*

Mapping is smooth as ever, but single target boss fights I still run out of mana quick :\.
I have the jewels but it doesn't seem to count the corrupted items I'm wearing.

Last edited by DrDraePhD on Jan 1, 2017, 5:25:18 PM
"
totemftw wrote:
between 15% atk speed and 40% inc dmg, which is better, which give us more dps than the other ?

I believe that 15 % attack speed is slightly more dps than the 40 %, or at least similar. The attack speed also makes you map faster since it affects the rate at which u can use your movement skill. Despite these advantages, the attack speed puts more strain on your mana.

"
m4rilyn wrote:
I find it pretty difficult to do uber lab, not because of Izaro but i seem to take quite alot of damage from traps as a result of abyssus. What are you strategies when farming uber lab?

I find this build to run lab very easily. If you hit a few enemies you will have overleech which makes the traps much more forgiving. Really, just getting comfortable with the traps so you can time things well is most important. Not getting overly scared and charging through things with move flask is usually okay. I will record a run and maybe watching me do it will be helpful for you.

"
Xeklen wrote:
Hello! I wanted to use your character to farm lowlvl maps (t1-t3 or so) with as much IIQ and IIR as i can get(without spending like 20EX xD)@ Breach league. Which items would you suggest? Thank you for your help and thanks for your AWESOME!! guide :-)

Thanks for the compliments man. This character isn't super optimized for MF, but I am sure u could make it work with pretty high iir/iiq for mid level maps. You really need physical rolls on things to get your dps though, so it may be a hard balance. Here are some items you could use without a big dps loss:
-IIR gem (69 iir)
-Goldwyrm boots (20 iiq)
-Wheel of the Stormsail (40 iir)
-Greed's Embrace (50 iir 15 iiq)
-Rare rings with physical and 1-2 iir rolls (it can be prefix and suffix, possible to get 50 iir with 2 perfect rolls)
-Rare ammy with 1-2 iir rolls (as high as 50 iir)

"
Thanks and sorry for the complaints! Actually I really love your build, just was frustrated as I tried my best to follow your guide, but feel a bit stuck at this point.

Izaro: Tried Merciless Izaro several times, but always died, either because he one shotted me or when i ran around trying to avoid his attacks, as facetanking didn't work with him. This is why i was trying to get to a higher level with more life, otherwise I don't see how I can defeat him.

Also will try the swapping solution with Cyclone. Can't hurt experimenting a bit.

Welcoming any additional suggestions you can make!

Thanks for your time and effort you put into the guide and your support!

Do you see a way to make Ancestral Warchief last longer? With stronger bosses it is killed with one hit. At least this was the case with Tul. Also am a bit limited because of issues with INT. Had to add a jewel containing it, couldn't get it on other gear, without facing an impact on other important stats.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to improve the gear in Breach league? Should i get more strength and if so how much (without sacrificing other important stats)?

Thanks!

No worries! Well your gear is pretty good, and to be honest you should be crushing merci izaro even at level 83. There is only 1 attack that could be possibly 1 shotting you (his big wind up slam), so if you just move out of the way of that you should be fine. If I were you I would just run it a couple more times and get used to the fight so you can enjoy those 2 ascendancy points asap.

In terms of your upgrades... You can get a big boost from:
-upgrade to similar rings with life roll on them
-upgrade to similar neck with life rolled on it
-getting jewels with 4x useful mods (including life)
-getting your remaining gems to 20/20 (either leveling them or buying)

In terms of your int issues, you can reroll the fire res to int on your shield and pick up the res elsewhere as you upgrade rings/ammy. You can always get the 15 all res node in tree to smooth things. You can also pick up the 2 "versatility" nodes if you are in a pinch for atts: 20 int/dex, 4 attack speed, 8 % reduce mana cost ain't too bad.

You have a ton of levels and ascendancy points to gain on top of these upgrades, so there is a lot of room to grow.

"
pannra wrote:
Does a lvl 21 Hatred give more damage than a lvl 20 Hatred?

Nope, it's pretty useless (1 % more aoe). :X

"
metapox wrote:
Hello thanks for the build, im enjoying it on breach league.

i'm comfortable with my dps atm, 14k(Inc AOE) in HO with herald and hatred.
32k dps with all buffs (/4frenzy/lionsroar/atziri/Headsman buff/onslaught)
51k dps with conc effect and buffs

was going for 6L astral but luckily 6L a belly at less than 100fuse
still farming for TOH and a better ring

Grats on the belly! That's great. I would definitely divine it to better rolls when you have the currency.

I think you should upgrade your shield ASAP too... a 2k armour shield takes my character from 6.6 > 13k armor without flasks. The armour roll is pretty significant there, especially since you use belly. After that I'd upgrade your iron ring, then go for taste.

"
DrDraePhD wrote:

I shall take this advice. Thank you, @Anbokr.

And OP, I am very thankful for this build. :D

Edit: *Update*

Mapping is smooth as ever, but single target boss fights I still run out of mana quick :\.
I have the jewels but it doesn't seem to count the corrupted items I'm wearing.

Happy you're enjoying the build! Tried to look at your characters to help, but they aren't public. I noticed you have a champion in breach... this isn't your fb right? If so, the slayer is far far better.

If you are having mana problems with the leech jewel, this will go away as your damage scales higher (since this is what the leech is based on). While you are leveling/upgrading, you can use a couple nodes in the tree to smooth your mana. The 2 "mana flows" nodes south of duelist are pretty good. You can also get the 5 "relentless" nodes instead of some other life nodes early on... they are pretty efficient since u get 20 % life / 10 str / 15 % reduce mana for 5 nodes.

I only have 43% block, 75% is only with rumis active. Also if you are talking about the corruption on my 15 % aoe jewel, it's not significant or needed (it is only "increased" mana leech, so like 2 % increased on the .4 % the build has is meager).

"
Anbokr wrote:
Get a jewel with +2 mana gained per enemy hit and mana leech on it and never look back. The dream is obviously Life, mana leech, mana gained, and offensive but you can settle for just life + 2x mana.

The mana gained per enemy hit probably isn't even necessary, but I like it just to be safe and it also lets you charge around somewhat recklessly into groups of enemies as it will kick in way quicker than regular old leech.

Gotta say to the OP this is an absolutely beautiful build and I really enjoyed playing around with it. I only played around with it briefly before deciding to go all in on my fire cyclone build but that was only because I felt like I wouldn't get to maximize fire cyclone in the future due to Breech uniques becoming a lot harder to obtain, whereas this build will always be do-able.

Barring some crazy inspiration from new uniques, this will definitely be my starting build for next season -- just loads of fun and very efficient.

To anyone complaining about damage output, you really gotta get the most out of your phys rolls. Max out your resists from chest/shield/boots/belt and do yourself a favor and just buy a steel ring for 14c and hit it with a deafening essence of contempt (20c) and boom, if you don't have life on it, craft it unless you were insanely unlucky. Also don't shirk on those neck physical rolls, make sure you get something like 15-26 or higher.

Thanks man!

I don't think the mana on hit is needed, as there are more efficient ways to meet your mana needs imo. For example the relentless nodes I mentioned about (you basically pay 1 passive for 15 % reduce mana and 10 str). Getting a single regen mod on a ring/ammy can be effective too.

Yea totally agree, the physical rolls are the most important part of your dps, by far.
"
demopolos wrote:

"
m4rilyn wrote:
I find it pretty difficult to do uber lab, not because of Izaro but i seem to take quite alot of damage from traps as a result of abyssus. What are you strategies when farming uber lab?

I find this build to run lab very easily. If you hit a few enemies you will have overleech which makes the traps much more forgiving. Really, just getting comfortable with the traps so you can time things well is most important. Not getting overly scared and charging through things with move flask is usually okay. I will record a run and maybe watching me do it will be helpful for you.

Thank you so much, the recording will definitely help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info