(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

Assuming there are no big nerfs that woud affect this build, I'm planning on going facebreaker shield charge as my first character in Essence. My 5/6L would be for shield charge and I was wondering if having Cyclone on a 4L for bosses/single rares would be a good idea.

Any idea how effective a 4L cyclone would be in a similar setup? Obviously not going to hit 600k dps with it, but if it can reach a reasonable dps I think it would be better than trying to use shield charge for single targets.
So I've been experimenting with min/max around shield charge... and I've got it to a place where I am mana based (using no aura nodes), and able to run hatred, herald of ash (no 4L prolif, and vulnerability aura all at once. This required me dropping ancestral warchief 4L to make room for blasphemy links, along with 2 enlightens and an elreon ring... but I wanted to go all out on shield charge and it is pretty damn good!

Another thing I realized that isn't yet in OP... the first 2 Slayer ascendency leech nodes are incredibly OP for me. I kill a few mobs, and since leech doesn't go away when I am cap life, I regen like 30% of my life pool/sec for the rest of any map (or lab... makes traps a breeze). Amazing quality of life.

I may tune this setup once 2.4 hits then update OP.

"
Zanapher91 wrote:
Firstly, thanks for responding to my post !
I would like to thanks you too for the detailed answer. I clearly understood your point of view and I agree. The build would be more offensiv, especially with Darkray. But maybe choosing Frenzy charge Path + Onslaught Path of the Raider is too much. I agree that to have both would be awesome in damage. But if you focus on more resistance, maybe you could go on the Dodge Path of Raider, and chose Frenzy charge if you go Darkray, or Onslaught if not.
Well, if you cap 75% in all res, with all block chance and dodge of the Ranger Tree, I think it should be fine.

I've made a quick tree on Raider but it's very similar to your, just by starting Ranger.
You can compare bonus, but this is not a frenzy charge Tree, totally not.
Here's your Duelist Tree Bonus :
Spoiler

And here my tree ( very similar as I said ):
Spoiler

And here a Frenzy Charge Tree I tried to make, I got more damage, but I didn't take Fortify bonus :
Spoiler

Tell me what you think !

Well, btw, I don't really understand how Facebreaker scale , is there any difference in Physical Damage and Melee Physical Damage ? Physical damage are not supposed to be also melee ? It's fucked up in my head :D

You're welcome man, happy to help out! For some reason I feel like if you go raider, it's very worth going all in with +2 frenzy dark ray. We can definitely make the res up elsewhere, and the dodge/move speed/dps you gain is too too much to lose for some convenient res/life.

The raider tree you put together that's similar to the duelist one seems fine. The one major change I would make is working in 3 pts for that frenzy charge south of duelist... they are extremely efficient with raider + darkray. You just get soo many bonuses to dmg/attack speed/dodge/move speed... so it scales extremely well imo.

The 2nd frenzy focused raider tree you put together does not look good to me... there are a lot of really inefficient things I am seeing. Going all the way north for Force Shaper seems like wasted points (there are better places to get physical %, or just to put this in life instead), as does 5 pts spent on revenge of the hunted. This imo would be better spent getting to scion life wheel and grabbing jewel node along the way. At some point I may spend some time making a tree for this... or even a crit version that goes all out on frenzy!

In terms of physical damage % and melee physical damage %... they are basically the same in that they both affect your dps in the same way, but are separate boosts (should be similar in buffing your dps). Each one is a multiplicative mod with your base damage (i believe this is the right way to describe it). So if you have 50% phys dmg and 50% melee dmg in tree, and 100 flat dmg... I think it would be like: 100 * 1.50 * 1.50. Hope this helps!

"
Greetings,

I just wanted to share my experience leveling with the cyclone part of the build. I chose the cyclone side of the build because I predict it will do better in the 2.4 Atlas update. The builds potential is felt immediately after equipping facebreaker. I started out with a nonlegacy version until I realized I wanted this to be my main build going into 2.4.

I would like to start off by saying this build does not need any legacy items to make it to end game. I admit I am not at the end game yet, but talking to demopolos he has done everything you could do with the build, before he started the min/maxing.

Level 58
Spoiler

I have two points into Champion which I did not calculate into my DPS, if I have fortify up my DPS goes up by about 5k more, but I might experiment with Slayer for the 40% AoE. I do not really have any real deaths, mostly AFK'ing in the wrong place, alt tabbing, or really not paying attention. All in all this has been the easiest build for me to level. I believe at 18 when I first equipped facebreaker I was at a 600 DPS shield charge, making everything quite simple.

Things I recommend while leveling:

º Tabula Rasa, easy damage easy life
º Meginord's Girdle, if you can spare 1ex get the legacy version
º Make your own iron rings with the highest phys roll you can, it will grant a huge DPS increase
º Quicksilver flasks with extra movement + extra charges/increase charge, dodge easy mode cyclone
º Until you can sustain the mana/life required for cyclone, use far clicks, but be careful.
º Use your fist

Any question, feel free to ask!

Also big shout out to demopolos for the build, allowing me to try to get any more min/max out of it, and letting me be a part of the updates to the build!

Updates:
Level 60: 128K DPS

Level 68: 205K DPS, 7468 Armour, 3.5K hp (Have not got all the life nodes yet), 259 life regen, 36% chance to block, 6 Champion ascendancy points

Have not maxed out res, all positive, but not yet capped.

Thanks for sharing your experience mate! I just saw you in game and now that you're in the 80s you're over 500k dps buffed! It's been fun watching you're character skyrocket.

I am happy you are testing slayer with the cyclone version, as I am beginning to think it's just straight up the most efficient subclass for us. Fortify is amazing... but you can get it elsewhere (beyond champ). It's hard to compare with 40 % AoE, -50% ref damage, and this OP perma leech you get once you have dps ... in addition to onslaught and other dps mods. Definitely keep us posted on how slayer/other gem combos are working for you as you max your guy out.

"
Namcap wrote:
Assuming there are no big nerfs that woud affect this build, I'm planning on going facebreaker shield charge as my first character in Essence. My 5/6L would be for shield charge and I was wondering if having Cyclone on a 4L for bosses/single rares would be a good idea.

Any idea how effective a 4L cyclone would be in a similar setup? Obviously not going to hit 600k dps with it, but if it can reach a reasonable dps I think it would be better than trying to use shield charge for single targets.

Great, I think it's a solid first character as it's incredibly cheap for the damage output you get.

If you have even the most basic gear (meginord/tabula/t1 phys rolls on jewelry/some phys roll on shield), you shield charge should be really solid dps until you get to endgame content. When you get to 80+ maps, if you find your shield charge isn't enough single target, you have 3 options imo: 4L ancestral warchief, 4L cyclone, double down on SC and add vulnerability for even better scaling.

A lot of this depends on your gearing options. Tossing down an ancestral warchief and spamming SC should yield more dps than 4L cyclone by a lot (for me, it was roughly 430k SC dps + 450k warchief dps = 880k). I would go this route most likely if I were you. For me since my gear is really min/max, I added vulnerability aura in place of warchief, and I have not been struggling on single target at all, but this is probably only the case with endgame gear. In short, I wouldn't 4L cyclone. I'd either go all out shield charge with vuln aura OR warchief, or you can go 6L cyclone for single target, with a shield charge that has fortify on it for clearing/utility.
Hi! First of all, lemme tell you it's an amazing guide and i'm loving the cyclone build!! Was wondering if you (or anyone else) could give some tips regarding my build so far (you can check my character, the lvl 66 champ). I'm currently sitting at almost 10k DPS, what should i be aming for to raise it?

Thanks!
"
lgllorente wrote:
Hi! First of all, lemme tell you it's an amazing guide and i'm loving the cyclone build!! Was wondering if you (or anyone else) could give some tips regarding my build so far (you can check my character, the lvl 66 champ). I'm currently sitting at almost 10k DPS, what should i be aming for to raise it?

Thanks!

Glad you are enjoying the build, I love it. I can't actually see your characters might be on private, but basically FLAT physical damage scales ridiculously with this build. You want flat physical on your rings, amulet, belt using Meginord's Girdle, helmet using Abyssus, jewels with the modifiers mentioned in the guide. Jewel's are a big part of the damage, so if you feel safe getting those before life/armor nodes go for it, you are a Champion so that helps your survivability.
"
Namcap wrote:

Well, since demopolos's gear is probably in the top 1% for a fb build what I have been doing is 4L shield charge and 6L cyclone. It works wonders, I one shot everything except uniques and rares when partying, so I just start cycloning when something survives a shield charge, then shield charge away after it done died.
"
Greetings,

I just wanted to share my experience leveling with the cyclone part of the build. I chose the cyclone side of the build because I predict it will do better in the 2.4 Atlas update. The builds potential is felt immediately after equipping facebreaker. I started out with a nonlegacy version until I realized I wanted this to be my main build going into 2.4.

I would like to start off by saying this build does not need any legacy items to make it to end game. I admit I am not at the end game yet, but talking to demopolos he has done everything you could do with the build, before he started the min/maxing.

Level 58
Spoiler
My gear

Spoiler
My DPS, 59K
I will also like to add with a very low rolled 648% facebreaker I get 43K dps

I have two points into Champion which I did not calculate into my DPS, if I have fortify up my DPS goes up by about 5k more, but I might experiment with Slayer for the 40% AoE. I do not really have any real deaths, mostly AFK'ing in the wrong place, alt tabbing, or really not paying attention. All in all this has been the easiest build for me to level. I believe at 18 when I first equipped facebreaker I was at a 600 DPS shield charge, making everything quite simple.

º Make your own iron rings with the highest phys roll you can, it will grant a huge DPS increase
º Quicksilver flasks with extra movement + extra charges/increase charge, dodge easy mode cyclone
º Until you can sustain the mana/life required for cyclone, use far clicks, but be careful.
º Use your fist

Also big shout out to demopolos for the build, allowing me to try to get any more min/max out of it, and letting me be a part of the updates to the build!

Updates:

Level 68: 205k DPS, 7468 Armour, 3.5k hp (Have not got all the life nodes yet), 259 life regen, 36% chance to block, 6 Champion ascendancy points

Level 83: 293k dps with all slayer buffs, charges, and ias boots enchant
553k dps with above plus flasks
Res maxed, 5k+ hp, 7k armor
For the final 93 tree I am still missing, 18% ias, 62% melee physical, +16 life, 8% armor,
and a jewel slot. Damage creep is still in effect!

Hey new update!!!

I glanced over the patch notes, I did not see anything that would really effect this build, though slayer has been a tad nerfed, we lose 10% AoE, but I opted out and got Brutal Fervour anyways, so I only lose 5%.

Well, my character is coming along quite nicely. I reworked my gems since I am pretty geared now. I dropped the herald of ash + prolif setup (It is still really really good so this is just a big min/max thing) and I added blasphemy + vulnerability and run off of mana. I did zero changes to the cyclone tree to accomplish this.

I would also like to talk about Slayer, is it the best for this cyclone/shield charge build... Nope. I believe, Champion and Slayer are on the same level. Slayer might have a slight edge for shield charge clear speed if you are NOT using the ash + prolif setup. Also, when I first did uber lab, the third stage of the boss would 1 shot me if I did not dodge his charge up move, duel wielding or 2h. I had to switch out hatred for determination + arctic armor fight was easy after that. Champion would NOT have that problem with it's defensive buffs with a permanent fortify + movement speed.

In the end...

Slayer
+40% iAoE (20% if you got Brutal Fervour over Impact, up to 30% iAoE in 2.4)
+20% more damage if you killed recently
+10% ias
+0.2% life leech (0.4% if you got Brutal Fervour over Impact)
Leech doesn't stop at full health (Super life regen)
+Onslaught

Champion
permanent fortify (extra link) with +20% effectiveness
+13% movement speed
+13% ias
+60% armor/evasion
+10% aura effectiveness on you that you cast
+30% increased damage
+30% increased damage when not on low life (basically all the time)
+100% armor/evasion when on low life (for those difficult times)
Status aliments are removed on low life (for those difficult times)

It's defensive versus offense. Champion would probably be better if you are on budget gear, not dying is better than the occasional -10% XP RIP or if you are playing hardcare.

Level 86:

188k dps = just auras
341k dps = auras + frenzy charges + boots ias + golem + all slayer buffs
625k dps = above + taste of hate + atziri's promise + taste of hate +lion's roar

None of this is with vulnerability calculated in.

My gear and links
Spoiler

Feel free to ask me any questions, my IGN: TheOneNukka
Last edited by paraNoid_af on Aug 31, 2016, 9:43:46 PM
"
"
Greetings,

Level 58
Spoiler
My gear

Spoiler
My DPS, 59K
I will also like to add with a very low rolled 648% facebreaker I get 43K dps

º Use your fist

Updates:

Level 68: 205k DPS, 7468 Armour, 3.5k hp (Have not got all the life nodes yet), 259 life regen, 36% chance to block, 6 Champion ascendancy points

Level 83: 293k dps with all slayer buffs, charges, and ias boots enchant
553k dps with above plus flasks
Res maxed, 5k+ hp, 7k armor
For the final 93 tree I am still missing, 18% ias, 62% melee physical, +16 life, 8% armor,
and a jewel slot. Damage creep is still in effect!

Hey new update!!!

I glanced over the patch notes, I did not see anything that would really effect this build, though slayer has been a tad nerfed, we lose 10% AoE, but I opted out and got Brutal Fervour anyways, so I only lose 5%.

Well, my character is coming along quite nicely. I reworked my gems since I am pretty geared now. I dropped the herald of ash + prolif setup (It is still really really good so this is just a big min/max thing) and I added blasphemy + vulnerability and run off of mana. I did zero changes to the cyclone tree to accomplish this.

I would also like to talk about Slayer, is it the best for this cyclone/shield charge build... Nope. I believe, Champion and Slayer are on the same level. Slayer might have a slight edge for shield charge clear speed if you are NOT using the ash + prolif setup. Also, when I first did uber lab, the third stage of the boss would 1 shot me if I did not dodge his charge up move, duel wielding or 2h. I had to switch out hatred for determination + arctic armor fight was easy after that. Champion would NOT have that problem with it's defensive buffs with a permanent fortify + movement speed.

In the end...

Slayer
+40% iAoE (20% if you got Brutal Fervour over Impact, up to 30% iAoE in 2.4)
+20% more damage if you killed recently
+10% ias
+0.2% life leech (0.4% if you got Brutal Fervour over Impact)
Leech doesn't stop at full health (Super life regen)
+Onslaught

Champion
permanent fortify (extra link) with +20% effectiveness
+13% movement speed
+13% ias
+60% armor/evasion
+10% aura effectiveness on you that you cast
+30% increased damage
+30% increased damage when not on low life (basically all the time)
+100% armor/evasion when on low life (for those difficult times)
Status aliments are removed on low life (for those difficult times)

It's defensive versus offense. Champion would probably be better if you are on budget gear, not dying is better than the occasional -10% XP RIP or if you are playing hardcare.

Level 86:

188k dps = just auras
341k dps = auras + frenzy charges + boots ias + golem + all slayer buffs
625k dps = above + taste of hate + atziri's promise + taste of hate +lion's roar

None of this is with vulnerability calculated in.

My gear and links
Spoiler

Feel free to ask me any questions, my IGN: TheOneNukka

Not sure if any1 before me asked this question but... Can a voidheart play a role in this?
IGN PinkCharmander
"
truongd321 wrote:

Not sure if any1 before me asked this question but... Can a voidheart play a role in this?

I have a legacy one and tried it, it's not as good. I will try again and give you an update. The big problems on the top of my head, I lose a ton of damage using a legacy voidheart ring, flat physical is the ultimate scale for fb. Also, with the new steel ring base being 3-11 (I use the old iron rings) we would be losing a ton more damage.
Last edited by paraNoid_af on Sep 6, 2016, 6:23:23 AM
I would like to ask since i didnt play for some time, is there any major changes in the build since the new 2.4 Atlas patch and if there are what should be changed? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Weird request but can anyone playing this build (Standard or Essence) see how much dps you're getting WITHOUT Abyssus?

I decided to go for a different, cheap and easy to scale build to start Essence. Except I hate it and there is no way I am taking this to level 90. I want to switch to FB Cyclone/Shield Charge and I have enough to buy FB and Meginord, but not the abyssus (they're like 1.5ex when I checked and I don't sell anything).

Curious if I can get a reasonable amount of dps to get to mid-tier maps without Abyssus. A long time ago I played FB builds on standard with legacy gear and never tried it without abyssus so I have no idea what it would look like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info