What's with the Ancient Devourers?

The most simple way is to check your current instance ID with Untainted Paradise and skip the droptable if you are there.
Similar to an In Town/Hideout check.

It would be pretty poor implementation to use a list of mobs and some only spawn in Untainted Paradise.
"
raics wrote:

Because I couldn't really imagine a single reason for it to be intentional.

playing the game for quite some time i was under the impression that devourers found back to their former glory because of most good things in poe have a hook attached.

works for me in untainted paradise, i'm always happy if i survived the ride in there and got some xp out of it.

Spoiler
on a side note: not happy to see that unwarranted criticism still works to get dev responses.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
Spoiler
on a side note: not happy to see that unwarranted criticism still works to get dev responses.

I know, works every time, except in these cases:
- it's a shitstorm thread, no place for sweet reason
- they already made a statement about the subject in some other place
- they don't want to bother with pointless arguments

Though I feel the original criticism is warranted in this case, my guesswork aside. A player would rightly expect for all monsters of the same type to share the same AI, if that's truly a feature than those devourers and rhoas should have a 'coordinated attack' property.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
vio wrote:
Spoiler

I know, works every time, except in these cases:
- it's a shitstorm thread, no place for sweet reason
- they already made a statement about the subject in some other place
- they don't want to bother with pointless arguments

Though I feel the original criticism is warranted in this case, my guesswork aside. A player would rightly expect for all monsters of the same type to share the same AI, if that's truly a feature than those devourers and rhoas should have a 'coordinated attack' property.

This. Personally, I think it would be awesome for the devourers to be extra nasty under certain circumstances. But you'd need some way to convey that variance to the players, *before* the fact.

It isn't about unfair monster behavior so much as it is about managing player expectations. An unenviable task if I ever saw one.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I can also confirm that untainted devourers spawn in simultaneous, huge, extremely dangerous packs. Almost ripped on my 88 a few times. Been very lucky with Untainted dailies, probably received 7-8 of them the last few months.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 23, 2015, 4:39:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info