What's with the Ancient Devourers?

I thought they were supposed to be fixed so they wouldn't all pop up at once and insta-gib you, and indeed they are fixed most places I've been, but my last three times in Untainted Paradise they have not been fixed, and I just died to a pack. :(

Is this a bug that their behavior has not been changed in Untainted Paradise, or was the unfair behavior deliberately left in to make that area more difficult?

(And if it is a bug, can someone move this thread to the Feedback section of the forums? Thanks.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
Anyone know?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Haven't noticed it on last visit, maybe there were multiple packs so you got ganged up by a few members from each pack.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Haven't noticed it on last visit, maybe there were multiple packs so you got ganged up by a few members from each pack.

Unlikely, since it happened with every single pack, in all three visits to the map. Not a single time were their entries staggered like they are elsewhere.

At about 10 packs per map, that makes about 30 instances of insta-emerge deathtrap. Probably enough to rule out confirmation bias. ;)

Especially since the opposite behavior pattern (staggered) is one I didn't see even a single time out of those 30 or so, and one I see *every* time while outside the map.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Nov 22, 2015, 10:38:00 AM
Right, then something stinks for sure. I suppose it's possible that they don't have a 'drops no items' area-wide modifier so they use 'special' rhoas, devourers and spitters that drop no items, and those special versions were left with old behaviors. If that is so it's a good example of sloppy programming.

Tested today and i can confirm, that the Devourers in Untainted Paradise do spawn in large packs at once.
Maybe this thread should be moved to bugs ?
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
"
raics wrote:
Right, then something stinks for sure. I suppose it's possible that they don't have a 'drops no items' area-wide modifier so they use 'special' rhoas, devourers and spitters that drop no items, and those special versions were left with old behaviors. If that is so it's a good example of sloppy programming.

Sounds like a reasonable theory.

Can a mod please move this thread to Bug Reports? It probably doesn't belong in Gameplay Help and Discussion anymore.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I received a surprise rip to this last night from a Zana untainted paradise. Doesn't really bother me if it gets changed or not - it's not hard to play around if you know it's there - but GGG should be made aware as it does feel pretty inconsistent.
"
raics wrote:
So something done entirely by non-programmers which involves no programming is sloppy programming? ;)

I'll let the balance guys know the ai scripts for these guys might need updated. Although it's possible this is intentional.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
So something done entirely by non-programmers which involves no programming is sloppy programming? ;)

Depends if implementing a 'drops no items' map mod requires zero programming or not, I assumed it does and it was either tricky, time-consuming, buggy or impossible for whatever reason, otherwise there would be no need to go for a workaround.

Because I couldn't really imagine a single reason for it to be intentional. Although it IS possible and if that was the case I am hereby apologizing to your programmers and sending a big 'wtf are you doing, people' postcard to the balance department.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info