My 450/472 upvotes review was removed from the Steam store page for no reason

"
I'm sorry for posting in this fucking thread.
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Samkiud/recommended/238960/

Maybe GGG got salty for something there, but I see no explanation or justification for this, whereas we see trolly, childish and useless "reviews" in the front: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960

As your first link proves, your review was not removed/deleted.

It has, however, fallen off the front page, probably due to not being very recent.

I'm not sure exactly how Steam prioritizes reviews, but even when selecting "Helpful" it still appears to be strongly favoring recent 1/1=100% reviews over older, helpful ones. With the default "helpful" filter applied, I had to scroll through over 400 reviews before I found one posted in May... and yours was posted in April. The sorting/filter algorithms are not something we have control over.

If you click the "Browse all 17k+ reviews" link at the bottom, and view the most helpful reviews of all time, then your review appears in the top 10.

Thank you for clarifying. My unhappy thread came to be because according to my experience with the review system on Steam, they remove from the store page reviews if the publishers finds a flag in case of violating one of their guidelines, after they report it to the Steam moderators, they proceed to remove it to avoid misleading and false information for the potential buyer of the game.

I'm glad to see this is not the case.

And yeah, I'm surprised to see that this forum has not changed when it comes to moderation and the amount of provocative posts people still posting. I had months without coming here. What a welcome.
Last edited by Samkiud on Nov 26, 2015, 6:06:06 PM
Your first post in months is one that calls GGGs ethics and honesty into question without evidence or investigation, what the fuck did you think the reaction would be?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
. . .

I know man, was trying to put a positive spin on things :3

The gang-up was weird to say the least and without your intent i am aware.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Your first post in months is one that calls GGGs ethics and honesty into question without evidence or investigation, what the fuck did you think the reaction would be?

Are you talking to me? Did you see the leap time between posts? What reaction are you talking about? Are they even reacting to something? A reaction to the positive the review? Did you read it? If not, what does that has anything with the review and why to bring to the table something is not regarding what is being discussed in this thread? Inflammatory much?
Removed Dickishness.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 26, 2015, 8:42:12 PM
"
Samkiud wrote:
"

Are you talking to me? Did you see the leap time between posts? What reaction are you talking about? Are they even reacting to something? A reaction to the positive the review? Did you read it? If not, what does that has anything with the review and why to bring to the table something is not regarding what is being discussed in this thread? Inflammatory much?

It's not your review. It's your OP. You accused GGG of hiding your *awesome* review when it was clearly the case that you didnt understand how steam reviews work.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
"
Samkiud wrote:
"

Inflammatory? Your OP implies that GGG purposefully had your review removed from Steam. Fucking inflammatory much?

Anyways, it has been fun chatting with you. Hopefully see you another few months.

Hopefully I won't see you again, troll poster.

"
Jerle wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:
"

It's not your review. It's your OP. You accused GGG of hiding your *awesome* review when it was clearly the case that you didnt understand how steam reviews work.

And that was already clarified. Thank you, *obnoxious* poster :)
Removed Dickishness.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 26, 2015, 8:42:27 PM
Guys, chill. No apology is necessary. The confusion has been cleared up. Don't be dicks.

's all good, maaaaan.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info