Third Party Site to Monitor Statistics

there really should be a third party site out there to monitor games (including this one) regarding orb and map drops.

I know GGG says "oh man. we TOTALLY buffed map drops", then what happens to me over the last few days is zero (0) maps drop level 10 or higher and I played at least 8 level 10 maps. Played several level 9 maps tonight, too, no maps drop.

I think GGG should be held accountable to map drops and item drops. Sort of a game players bill of rights, international. I have my own pool of statistics, and obviously increasing the number of observations/exposures will increase the credibility of these. I would love to report these stats on AVGN and such and let players see how they are really being treated.

I would volunteer my time and skillset to this as well. (professional math guy here, I do math for food to feed my family)
You don't even have a right to play this game. Rights? Nah. We have none.
Held accountable?

Its a fucking computer game.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Xaxarius wrote:

I would volunteer my time and skillset to this as well. (professional math guy here, I do math for food to feed my family)

How could a professional math guy think a week's worth of results indicate squat?

There's people with gigantic databases, and I think I even saw another one starting up in the last few days.
The problem is there's no way to track this reliably, as in, no loot log, or hooks to get item data automatically. We have copied data parsing macros, but I doubt someone would like to press a key for each tracked drop (it could be automated, but that might interfere with gameplay and I'm pretty sure the unique item IDs are not forward facing). There are also inventory trackers which load the containers on the website, but how would that know what's a drop and what just got traded or whatever. Associating that item data with the instances and actual play time or total drops is highly impractical.

The only feasible way to accomplish this would be some sort of complex loot filter and screen recording image processing, and that sounds incredibly resource intensive, not to mention quite a bit of work. I doubt anyone would use something which makes the game slower, just to track droprates for some database.

In the end though, who cares? I don't really care about trivial things I can't change. Maybe some people do, but not to the extent that creating and propagating an item tracker would be worthwhile.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3thbt2/path_of_maps_beta_track_your_map_runs/

as far as map drops go, anything above tier 10 is a depressing, frustrating experience.
"
Xaxarius wrote:
there really should be a third party site out there to monitor games (including this one) regarding orb and map drops.

I know GGG says "oh man. we TOTALLY buffed map drops", then what happens to me over the last few days is zero (0) maps drop level 10 or higher and I played at least 8 level 10 maps. Played several level 9 maps tonight, too, no maps drop.

I think GGG should be held accountable to map drops and item drops. Sort of a game players bill of rights, international. I have my own pool of statistics, and obviously increasing the number of observations/exposures will increase the credibility of these. I would love to report these stats on AVGN and such and let players see how they are really being treated.

Why wait for a third party site, if you have the know how? Why not devise your own methodology and put it to use sampling some of the players that are at mapping level and when you have an analysis, see if it can be added to the wiki?

I would definitely check out such a resource, especially if it was updated on a semi-regular basis (at least once every major patch).
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
That map tracker only takes notes. After watching the clipboard for the ctrl+C map data, the tracking is nothing more than a chat parser (Client.txt). It's the about the same thing as using notepad, except it formats it nicely and has stopwatch commands.

It doesn't monitor the clipboard for drops, only for the map you are running. I wonder why it doesn't just watch the map device storage... perhaps I will suggest that to the developer.
If you want to check if drops have been buffed you just have to compare average market prices of meeps before and after the buff.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'm absolutely positive that in every new league, perception of value has nothing to do with the actual scarcity or demand for maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info