The new James Bond was kind of dissapointing.

It's disappointing if you've already watched Spy or The Man from UNCLE and seen how good and fun a modern spy movie can be.

By James Bond standards I thought it was silly, but pretty par for the course. The opening oner during the Day of the Dead was great, then the rest of the movie just trampled old ground for a while.

It's interesting to see that the modern Bond films started out trying to reinvent Bond as something new and different, but with each one they've thrown out their innovations in favour of the old cliches.

Parkour is long gone, but Bond still orders martinis, introduces himself last-name first, and seduces every woman he meets despite an utter lack of chemistry, narrative logic or any sort of coherent character motivations.

Of course those things were lacking throughout the entire film, but I'd like to think in 2015 they would at least know to mix up the cliches in an interesting way. Perhaps even have Bond beat a villain without just getting absurdly lucky for once.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Sounds like I'd better watch Children of Men then.
Gameplay & Level Design
It was weird because the movie would have been so much more interesting if what they'd said would happen actually happened. Those are interesting plot hooks - why set them up if they're going to be dropped immediately?
Gameplay & Level Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info