Patch Notes before Patch

Will the 2.1 Patch Notes be released before the patch actually hits the servers? There are quite some major changes, especially skill tree changes. I don't wanna spend the beginning of the new league picking and theorycrafting a build. It takes ages until I decide what I play, anyway. IMO, the full patch notes should be released 1-3 days earlier so we have time to theorycraft our league builds and can start playing as soon as it starts.
Usually they are posted earlier along with the new tree, for the purpose that you outlined
Ah, thanks. Good to know.
We have, in the past, gotten a "pretty good description" of the patch about a week before it comes out, while the official patch notes usually come out the day of the patch.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
We have, in the past, gotten a "pretty good description" of the patch about a week before it comes out, while the official patch notes usually come out the day of the patch.

Well, "pretty good description" is not enough imo
Patch notes Hype!
"
eXecut1on wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It's actually fine. Aside from the balance notes, the patch notes usually aren't terribly important for making builds. GGG lets us know what skills get buffed and nerfed, and they also note major functional changes, bugfixes, and performance improvements which might enable certain builds.
"
eXecut1on wrote:

It tends to work out. There have been few surprises.
"
eXecut1on wrote:
Will the 2.1 Patch Notes be released before the patch actually hits the servers? There are quite some major changes, especially skill tree changes. I don't wanna spend the beginning of the new league picking and theorycrafting a build. It takes ages until I decide what I play, anyway. IMO, the full patch notes should be released 1-3 days earlier so we have time to theorycraft our league builds and can start playing as soon as it starts.

We'll be posting a manifesto post detailing balance changes in a couple of weeks. We'll also post the patch notes a day or two before release.

"
Qarl wrote:
We'll also post the patch notes a day or two before release.

Thank you! This is what I wanted to hear :)
Last edited by eXecut1on on Nov 19, 2015, 9:00:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info